INVERTORS

Dano

If my tv works with shore power and generator but does not work on coach power or accessory power, does that mean I do not have an invertor?

Kirk

INVERTORS

More than likely it does, but the answer would also depend upon just how the inverter were to be wired. I would think it very unlikely that you have an inverter and are not aware of it. Inverters are standard equipment in very few RVs. Most come standard with only a converter, which supplies 12V-dc when connected to shore power and which will recharge the coach batteries.

The only way to be completely sure would be to trace all of the wires in the RV. And inverter must be wired to be supplied from the batteries and also from the shore power or genset to recharge the batteries. They also must have an output that is wired to the batteries and one that goest through a relay device to supply the outlets desired when you do not have another source of 120V-ac.

Dano

INVERTORS

Thanks for the Info.. I have confirmed there is no invertor after further checking out the system.. I'm new to this game..

Dan

C Nash

INVERTORS

Dan, we were all new at one time and sometimes i think those were the best times until I start remembering putting up the tent :eek: