Is it worth it

DL Rupper

Last 5 days in Cody, WY I have spent $91 in diesel fuel. I have managed to get 3 day trips and in and around Cody for a total of 464.7 miles.

We traveled to Big Horn Natl Rec area, City of Powell, Yellowstone Natl Park. We saw many deer, Elk, Bison, 1 Moose, 3 Grizzlies, 1 Black Bear and numerous Big Horn Sheep. I'd say that's pretty cheap for 5 days entertainment.

Stats: 464.7 miles, 19.8 gallons diesel. 23.1 mi/gal computer and 23.4 mi/gal hand calculated. ;)

H2H1

Re: Is it worth it

that great, lot better than what I was averaging when we went to AZ, but we only top off the toad 3 time and it was about 32.00 and we put on about 650-700. But it's a 4 cyl automatic and get great gas mileage. The MH is another matter 4000 miles and 1,800 in gas.

H2H1

oh DL forgot to tell ya'll. we went 4000 miles and I only saw 4 jack rabbit, 2 armadillos and they was dead. I can see more armadillos here in GA than in TX,AZ. or NM. GO FIGURE. :laugh: :laugh: :approve:

TexasClodhopper

Well, Hollis, I've got more 'dillos living in my back yard than that. I'm waiting 'til they get ripe before I 'pluck' them. :clown:

H2H1

yeah, but how many thousand acres do you have as a back yard? :approve: ;)

elkhartjim

you guys can laugh. I'm pis@@@@@@. I've trapped several dillos and still go out at night with 22 looking for the buggers. They're destroying DW's flour beds...costing me in $$$$$$$$$$. A friend told me today they are like a miniature feral hog. Got those too. Maybe a just live too much in the woods. Not even gona tell you what we saw one night last week but Ill tell you it had big green eyes that glowed in the headlights.

H2H1

hey Jim, I bought some grub worm and other insects killer and put it out and so for it working. I can get you the name of it if you think you might want to try it.

DL Rupper

Hey I didn't mention the little cute little bunnies outside my RV every morning and night. Problem is I get hungry looking at them and remembering my bloodthirsty younger days hunting them.

Hollis it's another matter when I hook the 5er up to the Dodge. My mileage drops just about in half. That reminds me, Wednsday it will drop in half as were moving down the road a ways.

LEN

Just got back from Banff and the other parks. Is it worth it? YES!!! Had a very good time Saw all kinds of wild life. CAN you say GRIZZ at 4 feet(out the window of the 4-runner) this kid ain't stupid yet. Saw an RV and rode in it to the glacier(on the glacier) can you say 43-45 foot, 230 HP Detroit, 6 wheel drive, up and down 32 degree slope about 200' tall and a top speed of 12 mph. Didn't ask about miles per gallon or is that gallons per mile. Although we were in the 4-runner did check on camp grounds and there are some great one in the park. Well gotta go get grits for home.

LEN

elkhartjim

Hollis...help!!!!!!!! Just got back from a three day trip and they are destroying the flower beds. We are planing on leaving in the morning for San Antonio for wife's birthday and stay 5-7 days. They'll have it all destroyed by then. Funny thing. Had not seen one of those dang things for a long time, now I'm over run. I've got traps out and have caught some but not staying up. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

H2H1

Jim sent you a PM on the material. Also tell your wife happy birthday.

elkhartjim

Dang raskal, if'in I catch one of them varmits I'll send it yer way and yew can fixit any way yew won't. Taste like chiken you know.

DL Rupper

Hey LEN, sounds like a great trip and well worth it. I was as close to the ma ma sow grizz and her cub as I wanted to be. 100 yds. We were out of the truck. Had to walk back as the Ranger wouldn't let me park in the middle of the road. don't know why.