It's so hot in Alabama

C Nash

> >
> > .....the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the
ground.
> >
> > .....the trees are whistling for the dogs.
> >
> > .....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of
distance.
> >
> > .....hot water now comes out of both taps.
> >
> > .....you can make sun tea instantly.
> >
> > .....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding
> > iron.
> >
> > .....the temperature drops below 95 F (35 C) and you feel a little
> > chilly.
> >
> > .....you discover that in August it only takes 2 fingers to steer
your
> > car.
> >
> > .....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car
window.
> >
> > .....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
> >
> > .....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30
a.m.
> >
> > .....your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out
and
> > end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
> >
> > .....you realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
> >
> > .....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull
one
> > out and add butter.
> >
> > .....the cows are giving evaporated milk.
> >
> > .....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them
from
> > laying boiled eggs.
> >
> > ....with aluminum foil, you can bake cookies on the dashboard of
your
> > car while waiting to pick up your child at school. They're hot and
fresh
> > right off the dashboard -- just in time for an after school snack!
> >

Shorty

Re: It's so hot in Alabama

Now that's funny...I feel your pain, we live in the middle of Florida
Thanks for a chuckle Chelse
Kinda like:
It's so cold...
I let the dog out to take a leak(on his leash of course)
And had to break him off the tree

C Nash

Shorty, it was only 93 out today and I even went outside and worked some but, started sweating and the weeds attacked me. Started to rain and the grass whats's left of it ran under the house :eek:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Chelse,
I saw 102 today in my truck about 5:00. I was helping my daughter move! Now that is HOT. Luckly we just had one truck load to finish. Been that way all week. Supposed to be a little cooler soon.

G

I know what u'r saying C ,, we here in TN have been running in the upper 90's LIKE 98 all week ,, we even broke a real temp record of 102 last thursday ,,, the heat index or the real feel temp HAS NOT DROPPED BELOW 100 for 2 wks ... :eek:
I think we need a sweating Emoticon thingy here :bleh:
as far as the grass ,,, i'm still looking for mine ,, no rain for almost 30 days ,, oh we have a little shower here and there ,, but i think it dries up before it hits the ground,,, also,,, most of my area in the other counties have been put on water restrictions ,, next we'll be taking showers at the bay car washes ,, but i think they made that a no,, no,, also the lakes are down so much that they have put up signs about diving out of boats ,, due to the low water level....

C Nash

Driest I have ever seen here and hottest. Have a neighbor that is 87 and he said this is the worst he has ever seen. Creeks are even drying up. I got one watermelon out of my patch this year. Nothing eles even came up. We have set a record for triple digets of 13 days and this month has been the hottest on record. Trees have even started dying. Losing a lot of our dogwood. I have soaked up a lot of AC this summer and I am a outside person. Did get a good rain yesterday and more predicted today and temp is down so maybe we will get out of the dry hot cycle.

G

Yep it's hot ,, it was 96 here today even after the rain we got for about 15 mins this morning,,, but u could not even tell ,, the ground is still cracking and my trees have said the heck with it, were going to get rid of our leaves now ,,,
I too am an outdoor person ,, but since i usally have to work in the heat and cold (if i have to go to help out an rv tech on a call out) i have only spent a few days in the a/c,,, but heck i had to put my fountain in my pool the other day just to cool it down ,,, the water temp in it was 87 ,, it is cool but u don't really notice the difference ,, but at least i have more water in my pool then does the Little Pigeon river ,, it be so DRY fish are even looking for new homes....
Ok where is the sweat Emoticon?????? :laugh:
Bty we may not be outta the heat yet ,, the weather service has called for kinda coll down this week ,, but if we do not get any measurable amount of rain ,, then as they we going back up again,,,
My farming profit for this year is gone ,,, no hay,,, no corn ,,, and no alfalfa ,,,
Did good in the spring ,,, did get my second cut of hay last week ,,, 11 big round bales ,, the first cut we got 41 big round bails off the same field ,,, alflafa is gone for the year even if we get some rain ,, but i needs to be for about a week ,, it will only wash away all the dry dirt and won't help the crops... :blackeye: :blackeye: :)

Shorty

But...remember what they say
It's not the heat...it's the humidity.
I'm still trying to find out who 'they' are ;)

DL Rupper

Gee guys its been in the 70s to low 80s here in Maine all summer. I feel for you. ;) Get in you RV's and go where it is cool. :cool:

G

here we go again DL's been sniffing the diesel fumes,,,
hey wait a second ,, if he's sniffing the diesel fumes and he is cool (in the temp sense) then maybe i should go out and fire up the MH and do the same...
JK ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
I know u'r up north ,, but i'm still at home (for now) and not on the road :disapprove:
I forgot to mention that our low here this morning was a chilly 79 ,, with the humidity @ 92 percent (where did i put my winter gear??) :laugh: :laugh:

ARCHER

I saw it anywhere from 99 to 105 while towing our new trailer to Florida down through Va, NC, SC, GA and into Florida. Hottest I've seen in many a year. My water bills this summer are nearly double that of recent years. Gotta water those plants...too much money invested in them to just let um up and die.
Chelse, your so funny.

TexasClodhopper

Here's a story about me that my family still brings up occationally.

When I was 4 years old, I used to tag along with my Daddy a lot. For whatever reason we were walking around the farm, and I stepped into a crack in the ground. We had a lot of them, because in South Texas it is usually dry as a bone.

Now, I was small, but this was no ordinary crack in the ground. My foot went in up to the knee bone.

Daddy helped me out, but while he was doing it he just calmly mentioned that he had lost two of my brothers down that same crack just a couple of years ago! Couldn't reach 'em, and they're probably working for a Chinese farmer by now.

Then he just walked off leaving me looking around for a way to get out of that place!

To this day, I remember my foot being stuck in that crack!

kmsavage1

RE: It's so hot in Alabama

Arizona TOO!! Today Phoenix will have the record 29th Day of 110 or above for this summer. It has been a really NASTY summer in Phoenix.

G

RE: It's so hot in Alabama

we got some rain today but u could never tell it rained for about 20 mins today and all it did was make the pavement steam ,, my grass is still looking for water and all the varmits have signs out will chew anything for water,, even the birds are having halucinations about bird baths that are full of water ,, but when they fly into them ,,, but guess what no water as in the dessert....
:)