Jayco Water Line Leak

drush99

Hello Everyone....nice to be here. ? How to fix a leaky water line to commode in a 2000 Jayco travel trailor? Thanks in advance.

Danny

drush99

Jayco Water Line Leak

Leak is at the L in the water line at back of commode. Now here is the strange part it only leaks when the shower is used.I can put a little bowl under line and it will catch the water after the shower has been used,it leaks about a 1/2 cup and then stops.

I am living in it full time right, I have the black holding tank valve closed and the grey tank open. I've had the trailor less than a year had no trouble till now.

Danny

team3360

Jayco Water Line Leak

Does it leak everytime you use the shower.I think your saying its leaking at a seam or a joint like a 90 degree elbow. Is that line a flexable plastic line with banded clamps ( thats all I have seen used) , if so you can get a plastic 90 compression fitting(or you can use a brass fitting but you have to put sleeves inside the end of tubing) at the local hardware store/local RV store. If you think its leaking from the shower and maybe running back down the outslde of the line you may have a leak on the back of the shower/ faucet and need to pull the faucet off the wall and maybe just retighten the fittings on the back . do you have a water pressure regulator on your trailer. I have seen a seam/jointleak under some parks water pressure . the park may have a well feeding the system and as it pumps up to kick off the pressure will spike a little and could cause seams to leak .You can get a regulator at any RV store or walmart in the RV section. Hope this helps. LEE

drush99

Jayco Water Line Leak

It leaks most of the time, about 8 out of 10. I have a regulator on line where it connects to trailor.The shower is a good 3ft. from commode there's no water in between. It only drips off water supply elbow at back of commode. Its is the plastic line with bands.

What size brass fittings should I get,is it the same ones that is used on copper tubing? Do you just cut the bands off?

Thanks for your help Lee

Danny

team3360

Jayco Water Line Leak

YES, THERE THE SAME AS FOR COPPER TUBING BUT DONT FORGET THE INSERTS OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT SEAL. THEY ALSO HAVE PLASTIC COMPRESSION FITTINGS THAT MAY WORK BETTER, AND YES JUST CUT THE BANDS OFF AND REPLACE THE FITTING. YOU MAY HAVE TO TRIM BACK THE ENDS OF THE TUBING IF THEY ARE DISFIGURED LEE

s.harrington

Jayco Water Line Leak

If its the fitting get "flair-it" fitting to replace it. Just cut the old fitting just past the crimp band making sure you don't leave any of the old fitting in the hose and install the new fitting. The sales person at the place you buy it can show you how it works.

TexasClodhopper

Jayco Water Line Leak

As an aside to 'drush99' problem, I just "fixed" my water leak. It seems that the factory people ran out of the size of hose clamp that they used on all of the other fittings around the leaky connection. They put a different one on this one connection. It was longer than the rest. The problem was that it ALMOST tightened up around the hose. The threads bottomed out just at the point of being tight.

It worked OK for a year, but on our last trip my pressure regulator on the end of my water hose clogged up. So, being the desparate RV'er that I am (with Sallyberetta reminding me about water pressure) I removed the regulator. That was enough added pressure to start this spot dripping. I didn't see it until I went to dump the black tank. A slow drip caught my eye back around the electrical access panel. The connection was in the space under the bed inside where the water tank is.

We spent two weeks running on the tank and water pump and turning it off when we didn't need water, because I couldn't see where the leak was coming from. Finally saw it with a really bright light and lots of time.

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the professional/experienced help we RV'ers get from "s.harrington" and "Grandview" (Steve and Ken). You're not just here to advertise your business, and it really shows. Thanks!

drush99

Jayco Water Line Leak

Update on my leak. I went to local plumping store.I ask her if she was familer with water lines used in RV's.She said she was and they have Qwest products that will work. They are grey in color and plastic.

I got a 5/8's 90 degree elbow and put in line and it has not leaked since.
Thanks for all your suggestions and keep up the good work.

Danny