Jump Bag??? Can't find previous post

Larry and Rita

Being old SUCKS--Yesterday or day before I saw a post describing a bag that held copies of the important papers like Insurance, drivers lisence,title,registration-basickly any information that if lost in a fire would be devistating.
The bag would be kept by the door and if you had to bail out you could grab it and it would provide the info needed.
Does anyone know what I am talking about?? Sound like a good idea, but the DW yelled at me about my feet on the dining room table and I lost my place.

SuperMike

Re: Jump Bag??? Can't find previous post

We keep stuff like that in a fire resistant type box, under our bed. Sure as hell if the rig goes up then I'm out the first available exit, open window or whatever. The paperwork will have to catch up. :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Jump Bag??? Can't find previous post

I would think any kind of bag would work. I have all my stuff in a hanging file case with a handle I got at Wally World and I can grab it quick and all my papers are neatly filed away for easy viewing. Of course it isn't fire proof but if it is right by the door and easy to grab, guess it doesn't have to be. ;)

H2H1

WE keep our in a fire proof safe. And since I am a retire chief fire inspector I do know what to do incase of a fire. I would advise everyone to develope a fire escape plan from every section/part of there home, and in your RV. I ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRACTICE IT AT NIGHT WITHOUT THE LIGHTS, in most fires the power is lost. I am sorry got on my favorite subject. :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

H2H1 - 1/10/2011 7:23 AM WE keep our in a fire proof safe. And since I am a retire chief fire inspector I do know what to do incase of a fire. I would advise everyone to develope a fire escape plan from every section/part of there home, and in your RV. I ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRACTICE IT AT NIGHT WITHOUT THE LIGHTS, in most fires the power is lost. I am sorry got on my favorite subject.

You are so right Hollis, Always good to be reminded. Just within the last couple of weeks, a few miles from here, we lost a young mother and her 2 year old child in an RV fire. Still no one knows what why.:(

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Jump Bag??? Can't find previous post

Larry and Rita - 1/9/2011 11:10 PM Being old SUCKS--Yesterday or day before I saw a post describing a bag that held copies of the important papers like Insurance, drivers lisence,title,registration-basickly any information that if lost in a fire would be devistating. The bag would be kept by the door and if you had to bail out you could grab it and it would provide the info needed. Does anyone know what I am talking about?? Sound like a good idea, but the DW yelled at me about my feet on the dining room table and I lost my place.

Larry you are right about being old, lol. I was checking out the other message board and found this exact post there and they had the post you were looking for on that message board. So, I guess you even forgot what message board it was on. Hey, I feel your pain, been there, done that, lol. For everyone else, here is what Larry was talking about. (Thought all the posters on here might be interested too.

Survival Ditch Bag Link