Katrina the South

Poppa

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to update you on how the other half lives or should I say survives.

I live in Slidell La where Precious and I rented a home after selling our house in Violet Louisiana/St. Bernard parish last July.

The home in Violet was inadated with water up to the second floor.

You see pictures on the news but until you ride down the streets of this disaster and see the homes of friends and relatives or should I say see where they were it is hard to understand the true meaning of lost it all.

The Precious and I have been blessed in many ways and were blessed yet again, and we are thankful, as we suffered little damage while our neighbors had pine trees slice their homes in half.

Lod on to nola.com or st. bernard parish or maybe plaquemines parish, and there are several more links that will show you the devastation.

While looking at these sites picture in your mind the smell of rotten mud, and the stench of dead animals along with many humans that have yet to be found.

Many are blessed even though they lost it all.

By the way during the evactuation the bride and I bought a home in Celina Tennessee next to Dale Hollow Lake so maybe we will be able meet some of you at the beautiful camp ground they have.

Possibly we can set up a weekend or week next spring to have a rendvous. They have some wonderful fishing there and some beautiful roads to ride motorcycles on.

God bless and thanks for all who prayed for the less fortunate in their time of need.

turnipbwc

Katrina the South

Poppa,

I for one am glad to hear you are alright. C.Nash and I were wondering what happened to you as because we have NOT seen you on here. Thank God you got out and doing ok. The Man up above must have been looking out for you and your Mrs... Nice to hear from you and keep us posted.
I dought if I get that way to meet you in Tennessee. Take care and Thanks for leting us know where you are.
turnip42

ARCHER

Katrina the South

Poppa,
Welcome back and praise the Lord you and your's are safe.
The party sounds like a really good idea next year.

Shadow

Katrina the South

Poppa, good to hear you're ok. Sorry for your loss and all you been thru, but it sounds like you found that cloud with the silver lining in Tennessee. Must be one beautiful place. Bet Chelse is packing his motor home for a trip to Tennessee now!

C Nash

Katrina the South

Great to see you here safe poppa.
Shadow how is the weather there now?

jkill2001

Katrina the South

atleast ur safe and sound. good to see that. im actually delivering a trailer down to biloxi,ms saturday for a family that there house has been infected with mold from all the water. im bringing my digi cam with me and will start a new topic sunday or monday with the pics from biloxi that i can get.

jkill2001

Katrina the South

well im heading out in about 20 or so mins. the customers are excited for me to get down to biloxi and i can't wait to see the happiness on there faces. be back sunday.

jkill2001

Katrina the South

well im heading out in about 20 or so mins. the customers are excited for me to get down to biloxi and i can't wait to see the happiness on there faces. be back sunday.

jkill2001

Katrina the South

well a little update on the delivery. got down there safe and sound barely had enough room to maneuver at there house. but got the trailer exactly where they wanted it and they couldn't thank us enough. my job also gave them all the supplies they should need to get back on there feet for the trailer, i.e. plates,forks,knives,sheets,pillows etc. i took some amazing pictures of what there house looks like and i tried to get some pics of the area around them but it got too dark and they didn't come out that good. they lived 2 miles or so from the water and there house had 4 feet of standing water in it. surge of about 6-8 feet of water. i'll have the pics uploaded as soon as i can

SnowbirdInFlight

Katrina the South

Great job jkill2001! Wonderful of you to do that for those folks! Looks really nasty there. I'm sure the people are extremely grateful to be staying in a mold free place! I know I would! Great pics too.

jkill2001

Katrina the South

well they've been living up in greenville,al for the past 3 or 4 weeks in a hotel. i wish i had taken pics of the ladys face. it just hit me to see how happy i made her

jkill2001

Katrina the South

well im leaving once again tomorrow morning for mississippi for a church. bringing down a 28' tt this time. hopefully everything goes thru ok and i'll check back with yall when i get back

jkill2001

Katrina the South

well i got back at 9 p.m. last night. got down there just fine and oh my god the devastation was unbeleivable. i didn't have any camera so no pics but wow. where the trailer is sitting they had 28' of water at one time. i was about 50 miles east of new orleans. it was a long drive but it had to get done.