Keys Campgrounds

Stormin

We are panning a trip to the keys and we are finding out very pricey and very full-need advanced reservations.

Has anyone been to the "Boyd's Keywest Campground"? Anything good or bad there?

Can anyone recommend any good parks in the lower Keys?

Thanks

OHWELL

Re: Keys Campgrounds

We have been to Boyd's several times in the past few years. You're right, pricey, but then again the Keys only has so much land area. It's a clean park with a nice pool and clean restrooms. Stock Island, where Boyd's is located, is just a short ride to Duval St and the Key West party life-I recommend using the local bus service from near the campground to Key West, only costs a buck, and you won't be looking for parking-Boyd's has the schedule, but don't count on the bus running on time! Everythings a little different in the Keys!! Unless you're planning an extended stay, I'd say 2 or 3 day trips into Key West will be more than enough to see everything. Don't miss the sunset from Mallory Square, get there early and check out all the performing locals-
This is our first post, hope I did it right and you find it helpful!!

blackvangypsy

RE: Keys Campgrounds

:) Boyd's is great been there for years- small-clean- nice swimming and great fishing.
Last time I was there it was peaceful. Have fun.... Have plenty of ice and fresh water...Not too far from Key West. :)

aligobs

RE: Keys Campgrounds

We stayed at Boyds for the first time in October and have already booked again for next October. The park is very well kept up but the spaces are tight ( we have a 40ft RV and it took us 30 mins to get in the spot). Be sure you let them know the size of your RV and the number of slide outs so they can make sure they get you in the right size spot. We had a great time while there but you really can't help but have a great time. It's Key West! The staff at Boyds are also very friendly. If you want a little extra room for camping there is an RV resort just one key up on Sugarloaf called the Blue Water resort. Fabulous! Huge sites on the water which come complete with Tiki huts but you will need a car or you will pay over $30 for a taxi everytime you want to go to Key West.