Keystone Vs. Coachaman

famontherd

I have a question for everyone...I am deciding between a 2005 Keystone Challenger Qbbs or the 2006 Coachman Chaparral 34 ft. Does anyone have wither of these units? Any pros or cons to either?

Angela

javaseuf

RE: Keystone Vs. Coachaman

I have owned both brands in the past 4 years and I literally ended-up giving my Cpachman away. It was of poor quality and workmanship. I tried to sell it for much less than what I paid for it and couldn't so we donated it to a local charity.
I love our new 07' Keystone Springdale.

DL Rupper

Re: Keystone Vs. Coachaman

From what I have been able to observe and read about both products, I have come to the conclusion that Keystone builds a better product than Coachman. Just my opinion. :)

ARCHER

So now we go from Forest River to Coachman for quality issues, etc.....hope it is not another 50 some posts to degrade Coachman. Kind of get tired of reading all that ..... :dead: :angry:

DL Rupper

Like I have said previously the posts are asking our opinion. What are we supposed to say? Oh, they are both wonderful. Or none of the products have any problems. Come on, if somebody wants an opinion before they buy, it is our obligation to tell them what we think. If they didn't want an answer they wouldn't be asking the question. Maybe we should just ignore all of the brand comparison questions. You know, put our heads in the sand. I'm sure everyone would get tired of no responses and go to a different forum. I'm going to tell it the way I see it. If you don't like the answer, ignore it. :laugh:

hertig

They have a brand new cure for getting tired of reading something. Check it out at www.Don'tReadIt.com :)

CAmom

I have to agree with DL Rupper here! Being complete green to the field of RVing, inquiring minds need to know where the pitfalls are in order to avoid them. Based on this forum alone, I've learned which models to avoid, which brands to seriously consider and have ruled out a Ford Super Duty all together. :bleh: Apologies in advance for offending any Ford diehards. I've had too many of my own experiences, coupled with what I've seen here. Let's just say it's enough to cure you.

But that isn't based solely on the ops. expressed here. I am researching as much as I can on my own and making the necessary comparisons as a discriminate thinker. However, if there is a lower quality product out there being misrepresented, you better believe I want a heads up about it. I may still look at those other brands to form my own opinion, just with a much more skeptical eye. And isn't that fair enough? Shouldn't a product in the N. American free market be able to hold up under scrutiny of the discerning eye of a consumer? :laugh:

ARCHER

Guess I'll just fade into the sunset and enjoy what is left. Sorry if I offended someone about getting tired of reading the same ole thing over and over.

Shadow

Apology accepted CAmom. :laugh: Do favor the Keystones myself.
Hang in there ARCHER.

s.harrington

It is my opinion that Keystone products are better structurally and though they have some problems the workmanship is better.

TexasClodhopper

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for an American manufacturer of ANYTHING to put out a bad product like some of these we are talking about.

We have more technology at hand to design, test, and build things than anyone else in the world.

And yet, a person on the assembly line will still stuff a wiring harness into an RV without connecting it at both ends. It happens with every manufacturer.

And that, ARCHER, is why no one is mad at your comment about being tired of reading about it -- we all are. But, there is no other way to keep ahead of the game, as DL says, "... tell it the way I see it ...."