Leak around window over cab

Blueeyes

I would like some advice from Class C owners. We have a problem with a leak around the window that is in the front of the sleeping area over the driver's cab. Is it possible to have a body shop or other repair place to just remove this window & refinish the hole with fiberglass & repaint? I think this would solve the problem & I keep the window covered anyway as I don't like to light in my sleeping area.

C Nash

Re: Leak around window over cab

Have it repaired pronto blueeyes. Never owned a class C myself but have worked on and seen some with serious damage caused by leaks around the front window. Good luck

Blueeyes

Thanks for your reponse. We have caulked this area repeatedly but are having problems with it popping out from the window when we drive the unit. Do you know if it is possible to have the window removed & the space closed?

C Nash

If it's a fiberglass camper a good fiberglass person should be able to do the job and make it look great. Just hope you don't have any internal damage to the support structure.

rjf7g

I don't use the front window on my class C but that is the one place that hasn't leaked! Good luck with your repair! It cost me $600 to have my bunk repaired last year and I felt like I got off cheap.