LEVELING BLOCK

H2H1

OK here we go again. question???? do any one store their MH on wood blocks or CW stacking block when they put the MH up for the winter. I just put mine on some wooden blocks to get the tires off the concrete. The reason was to make it level to drain the holding tank. Now the DW think they should be off the ground in the air feel wheeling which may slow or stop them from dry rotting. Do I need to buy some flowers as a offering before I tell her she may be right.

DL Rupper

Re: LEVELING BLOCK

Off the ground is probably best. However, up on wood is better than on the concrete or dirt. I would take it out and drive it around every 30 days. From what I've read/heard, the rubber in tires need the centrifugal forces generated while rotating to keep the rubber pliable and distributed properly. Sounds good anyway. :eek:

hertig

Nah, its not the centrifical force, it's the flexing which keeps the tires from deteriorating. That's why a tire which has sat a lot should be replaced after 5 years or so, even if the tread is fine.

DL Rupper

Hey you non-believers. I read somewhere that if the tires are not up on blocks the RV needs to be moved (run down the highway) every 3 mos to keep the tire sidewall bulge area (bottom) from drying out and cracking. The resin in the rubber moves outward with the CENTRIFUGAL (rotating) force and keeps them from drying out. HONEST. :laugh: ;) I really did read that somewhere. Probably in TrailerLife or Highways magazine. :approve:

H2H1

DL THAT SOUNDS GOOD TO, BESIDES I ENJOY DRIVING IT SO THAT WOULD JUST BE FINE.I HAVE SET UP A SCHEDULE TO MOVE IT AND DRIVE IT ONCE A MONTH. THANKS FOR EVERYONE ADVICE