License plate

CamperAl

Just saw on a thread that I could have had a regular license plate instead of the RV plate my dealer transferred over when I traded in my motorhome on my Roadtrek.

True? Can I change it now?

H2H1

Re: License plate

Hey CamperA I have a regular tag on my MH. l have never heard of a RV tag for a MH. But there must me a local law that my require it. I would call my local tag office and ask if it is required.

G

well hollis i have a special rv tag on mine ,, it say no prbs ,,, :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shorty

Mine is a spec RV tag too

AARRR V (it's a pirate thing)

But, like Hollis said, check with your local tag office

G

shorty ,, i can relate to that saying ;) ;) ;) :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:

H2H1

Well I know you can get a personalize tag for any vehicle including a RV. BUT THAT NOT A SPECIAL RV TAG JUST PERSONALIZE TAG THANKS

CamperAl

RE: License plate

Thanks, but I'm talking about my State of Illinois license plate - should have clarified that on the original post. Sorry. Any Illinois B campers out there who do not have "RV" on their license plate? :)

G

Nash u mean ur's on th rv cost more than a regular car??? down here in TN my MH is the same as i pay for my regular car,, 25 bucks ,,, but now if u own a pickup ,, u are charged for the weight it can carry ,,, my service truck is a 1 ton ,, single rear axle ,, and the plates for it are ,, 85 bucks :O ,, now go figure that one ,,, they tell me at the DMV ,, MH's are exempt ,,, due to the lack of usage ,, but hey i am not complaining ,, i'll pay that 25 bucks from now on ,,, oops u all didn't hear that from me ;) ;) ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
but really ,, my MH tag is a custom tag ,, and it did cost me 45 bucks to have it made ,, but the yearly fee is the same as a regular car :cool:

H2H1

well my tag is only $20.00 for the MH and the 06 Toyota PU and for the Honda Accord as well as my 5x8 trailer, but when you add the county tax it up well over $300.00 just for the MH . In all the tag &taxes for everything is over 500 a year. . I just that just one of the cost of owning a MH :dead: :( :(

G

well we don't have a city tax ,, and the county tax on the plates is included ,, i guess that is why they are only 25 bucks ,, but on my jeep and my sons truck we have FF tags ,, and they are only 10 bucks per yr ,, tax included ,, but other counties have a wheel tax ,, now that does run the bill up a bunch ,, tags still 20 bucks ,, but the wheel tax is 22.00 per wheel ,, so that's 88 bucks wheel tax (four wheel car or suv ) ,, and 20 bucks tag fee ,, so i guess we are lucky here in Loudon County ,, TN :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

ARCHER

Don't plate nothing in Indiana........you will pay, pay and then pay .... excise taxes every year and wheel taxes and then the registration fee. My vehicles are 96, 99, 03 and I pay nearly 600. per year.

H2H1

thanks Archer, but I doubt if I will ever move away from Ga no matter how bad it gets. :cool: But I think that is way to much for tags.

C Nash

Well, guess the taxes are worth it. Keeps the thugs jobs in politics so they are not on the streets ;) :eek: :evil:

G

well very true Nash ,, but how the hell did they learn how to imboss them ??? Our tags now are smooth ,, no raised letters ,, and have a bar code on them ,, and if u look with a flashlight ,, there is the TN state all over the tag ,,, i bet those prison guy's are making more now than u or me :eek: :eek: :eek: :angry: :laugh: :laugh: