LIGHTED SWITCH

elkhartjim

Re: LIGHTED SWITCH

The only "lighted" switch I have in the bathroom is for the water pump. Do you hear a noise when you turn the light on like a pump is running? Do you have water even though this switch is in the"off" position? BTW....welcome to the forum. FYI...before TEX gets a hold of you, we don't normally type in uppercase...you know, it makes us think you're yelling. Oh yea...what's a gas water tank? Do you mean gas water heater?
icon_smile_wink.gif

RON RANDALL

first offsorry for the uppercase>some reason hafta hold down shift bar for lower casek>yes idid mean gas water heater>and yes i still have water with switch off>just bought camper> first one>preowner only towed it to swap meets never used water or elc>he has no idea what switch is for>a complete mistery>

elkhartjim

I actually have four switches for my water pump...kitchen, lavatory 1, lav 2 and outside. Could one of your other switches be on or have you located the water pump switch? Could it be for an exhaust fan? So of the "old" experts will on here later and I'm sure they can help more than I can. Let us know what you find.

TexasClodhopper

Ok, Jim ... TAKE THIS!

... AND THIS!

:clown:

Ron, turn your city water off to test the pump. It will whine to you that there's no water in the water tank! :)

RON RANDALL

clod,i,ll give that a try.i have a switch in the kitchen for the pump but i,ll try that with the other switch.the bath fan switch is on the ceiling.the one in question is low on the wall about even with the counter top.wires go into the wall so i cant really see what they go to.I,ll turn everything off and try that switch.campers about 30 miles from here at campsite.gotta work 3RD shift 12hr tonight sat> sun. so i wont be able to check it out till next week some time but i will let you guys know what i find THANK YOU VERY MUCH

LEN

If what Tex told you gets no joy you may have a combination gas-elec hotwater tank and the lighted switch is the Electric. If you are on shore power and the switch works and unplugged it doesnot my bet its for the hotwater.

LEN

hertig

On my old trailer, the lighted switch was the Gas water heater. The light was actually a 'fault' light, which came on if the flame wouldn't light. The motorhome has 2 switches, one for electric element and 1 for gas, with a light between them for fault.