Load Leveler Bars

klolsen

Over the past year I've made several trips pullin a 27' TT with my 1991 1/2 ton Suburban. Wouldn't think of hitchin up without my sway control or load leveler bars. Last week I bought a 2003 F250 Crew Cab With a 7.3L diesel. I can't wait to hook up and hit the road. My question is this.... With the weight of the big engine in the front and the beefy suspension in the rear is it still necessary to use the load leveler bars? I can see where the sway control bars are still important but can this bigger tow vehicle handle the load safely without the leveler bars. What do you think???

BarneyS

Load Leveler Bars

Yes, you still should use your WD spring bars. The weight of the tongue is on the rear of the truck which unloads the front axle. Even though you have a stronger rear axle, you are still unloading the front. The WD bars will re-distribute that weight so the truck steers and acts normally. It is not simply a matter of the rear springs not sagging!
Barney

sp

Load Leveler Bars

Hi,

To add to Barney's comment: I think the bars keep the trailer from "fish tailing" as you travel down the road. My F-150 pulled my old dog 24'er from CT to DE and it traveled "straight as a pin". :laugh: There were times I would look in the mirror to make sure it was still there. :bleh:

Keep them on!! I've seen a few in the fence that didn't. :dead:

sp

klolsen

Load Leveler Bars

Thanks for the advice. One of the things my Father taught me was to value the words of experience. I'll continue to use em.......

C Nash

Load Leveler Bars

Thanks for keeping them Klolsen :approve: . Now I don't mind meeting you on the road :laugh: