Lock in park

tithingman

I have 2007 four winds magellan class A and I can't go from park to drive. Will work if switch of and go to neutral then drive. Help

Triple E

Re: Lock in park

Your brake has to be applied to go from Park to any gear. I would check the switch that indicates that the brakes are being applied. Should be somewhere around the brake pedal or brake linkage. Are you brakes light working?

Triple E

Triple E - 2/16/2011 8:03 PM Your brake has to be applied to go from Park to any gear. I would check the switch that indicates that the brakes are being applied. Should be somewhere around the brake pedal or brake linkage. Are you brakes light working?

There may also be a linkage that release's the transmission, not sure. But that where I would start. The Brake Pedal.

Good Luck. ;)

tithingman

Thanks, Yes my brake lights are working when pedal in applied. I replace the brake switch and pig tail, power in power out. I also replaced the module on the sterring column.

I discover that the shifting would work when disconnected. I don't know what that means. I replaced all fuses that could be connected to the module. Help

tithingman

Thanks, Yes my brake lights are working when pedal in applied. I replace the brake switch and pig tail, power in power out. I also replaced the module on the sterring column.

I discover that the shifting would work when disconnected. I don't know what that means. I replaced all fuses that could be connected to the module. Help

Triple E

What are you disconnecting when it does work?

Rod or Nash, need some help here.

G

sounds like a shifter lockout prob to me ,, there is a cable that runs from the key in the column which is activated ,, (in the closed) postion only when the key is on ,, till u hit the brake pedal ,, but not know what chassis he has is kinda hard ,, if it were me ,, i would take the whole thing out ,, that way u don;t have to worry about stepping on the brake and such ,, i know it was to keep kids from putting the vehicles in gear ,, but if there are no kid around to do this ,, who cares ,, and besides the kids should be taught ,, that it is not ok to mess around inside a car or rv ,, a thing that is not taught aymore ,, to kids ,, but should be ,,

Oh yea ,, TripleE ,, nash is out and about ,, been gone for a day and 1/2 ,, :cool: :approve: :approve: :bleh: