LOOK OUT

C Nash

I keep those covers on my tires when parked to protect them from the elements. I generally just grab them at the top and snatch off when getting ready to leave. Well I grabed the front wheel cover and pulled it off. Noticed something black hit my leg but thought it was just one of the tie downs. WRONG, looked down and it was a rat snake about 3 ft long:eek: . I had had a problem with mice and had caught one with the trusted snap trap but now am wondering if maybe I had help.He wont help anymore. Know they are not poisonous but could cause heart attack. Thinking that if a small mouse can get in the MH bet the snake can to. Moral, look atop tire before removing cover:)

ARCHER

Re: LOOK OUT

Chelse,

I think those snakes in your neck of the woods are passing your address around. You don't want to get them too upset or you may be looking for a new address. ;)

C Nash

Archer, all the more reason to hit the road. Tween the bill collectors and snakes plus ticks, got eat up by seed ticks the other day, I need to get in hiding. How are you doing? Hope all is well?

ARCHER

Well, Chelse,

Doing pretty good since I got out of the hospital. Not 100% or even close, but getting better. Am going through pulmonary rehab right now for another 5 weeks learning how to control my breathing, etc. Heading to another set of doctors late Aug to see why I can't get rid of infection entirely. Maybe they will do a transplant from the neck down and I'll be fine. Linda might want it from the top of the head down, ha ha. Still need to lose weight (gained some 30+ lbs after I quit smoking last Sep. Think the extra weight is causing some of the breathing problems.
BTW, Kenneth at GTS, made us a deal we couldn't refuse on a 2008 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 272. Easiest purchase I've ever made from a salesman/owner. He has ordered it and will have it sometime the middle of Aug. We plan on picking it up from him and heading on down to Florida to put it at the campgrounds we will be spending the winter at and then heading back home to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversay and some birthdays in Sep (Linda's, mine, Son's, Daughter-in-laws). Plan on heading down to Florida for the winter in later Sept or early Oct and staying til April 08. Wanna buy the old Chieftain? Ha Ha Gotta do a little work and then plan on selling her to a good home. Enough rambling....tks for asking about me. :) :laugh: :approve: :bleh: ;)

Shadow

Darn Chelse, thought you quit playing with snakes. If not I got a few around here you can take care of :eek: Good to hear you are doing better ARCHER. And congratulation on your new trailer.

DL Rupper

I've had my 5er so long my tire covers wore out so don't use any now. I was always worried I was going to reach over the top and find a nasty spider. Never thought of snakes. I guess that's just another reason not to buy new ones. My current theory now is if I can keep moving on down the road, I will wear the tires out, before I have to worry about the elements deteriorating them. :approve:

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better Archer. Last week I got a leak in the "old" slide on the 5er and was thinking of GTS and a new one, but hopefully the 2 tubes of silicone will keep the water out and I can get another 12 years out of the RV.

ARCHER

Well, DL, I'd sure think of Kenneth and GTS if I were looking for another one ...... think you can't go wrong going that route...... ;)