Lookin For New Waterpump Advice

Adam

Hi Group I was going to install a accumulator in my 2003 Artic Fox 29v travel trailer to cure some severe water hammering of the pipes, as I was searching for choices I came across these two waterpumps that supposedy elimiate the need for an accumulator. The first is built by Shurflo called Extreme Series smart sensor 5.7 #5900-0201
the specs on this unit are 5.7gpm @65psi. This is a variable speed pump.
The other pump is built by flowjet called Sensor VSD 4.5 #R4525 The specs are 4.5gpm @30psi This is also a variable speed pump.

Ok here's the questions,
Has anyone had any experance with these variable?(Good or bad)Are they as quite as they claim to be? With the shurflo and its ability to generate up to 65psi is this going to cause me grief with my waterpipes or hot water heater? Sense it appears they don't shut off are they a big consideration when dry camping?

Gary B

Hi Adam, I have no first hand experince, but all the posts, I've read have been positive for either pump, I down loaded a bunch of information on these new quite pumps, but don't have any of it here. Agin from whats been posted, everyone liked how quite they are and the water delivery, good luck. :approve:

Adam

:) Well I chose the Flowjet Sensor VSD 4.5 #R4525 The specs are 4.5gpm @30psi as the other pumps higher psi would worry me. I have been running the pump for awhile now and the pump is very quiet, more so then anyother pump I have had so far.

trak

I installed an Aquajet pump 2 years ago and am very please. Variable speed and quiet. WEB site = aquatec.com