Looking for Campground Recommendations along the Gulf of Mexico coast

CYHAWK

We are looking for your recommendations on good RV campgrounds along the Gulf of Mexico coast - specifically Florida Panhandle, Alabama and Mississippi coast. We have a 40' Tiffin Phaeton so we are looking for campsites that have 50 amps and full hook-ups or at least water and electricity (we can forego the sewer if the campsite is worth it). :) We are trying to plan a trip for early July 2014 so appreciate any feedback sooner than later.

C Nash

Buccaneer State park Ms, Gulf State Park Al, both full hook up. Davis Bayou Ocean Springs Ms water and elec some sites are short. Fort Pickens Fl elec and water National Seashore but ck on sites long enough before driving out there.

Shadow

Cajun RV Biloxi, PineGlen Panama city Beach, Island Retreat Gulf Shores was a few miles from all the fun things to do but park was peaceful for the number of campers.

mariaM

krsmitty;85297 said:
Some good state parks in the Florida panhandle. Check out the Florida state park web site.
There are a lot of them and I'd be grateful if you could share your own experience regarding these places.

C Nash

We are sitting in Grayton Beach State Park. FHU sites and most are plenty long. Not Beach front camping but just short walk or bike ride to beautiful beach. Close to food and eating places. Staff very friendly. Need to make reservations. just saw a 40' Tiffin Phaeton pull in!! Did you find it this quick!! LOL

mariaM

krsmitty;85366 said:
We have stayed at:
St. Andrews - One of our favorite places. Have been there numerous times. Beautiful place...highly recommended.
Grayton Beach - Been there only once, but plan to go back. Beautiful beaches. There are 2 loops, old and new. Stay in the new.
St. Joesph Peninsula - Great beaches also. A lot history in this area. Lots of touristy stuff.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help.

H2H1

we just got back from Panama City Beach we camped at Emerald Coast RV Park. This park is set up for relaxing. They have the luxury Class A site on the lake as well as pull thru. It has the highest Woodall rating. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the RV life.