Looking For Opinions

famontherd

Well after lots and lots of research and one bad Teton trailer we finally decided on a 2006 coachman chaparral 340QBS. It is brand new and hopefully what we want. Has anyone had the Coacjman brand before? Any problems or concerns to be aware of? Thanks alot! Angela

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Looking For Opinions

Coachman is not even in the same town as a Teton. Yes, they have problems too, but no comparisons here.

The problems with Coachman start with you stepping on the steps. Listen to them groan. Better look VERY closely at the rest of the trailer.

TexasClodhopper

Angela, listen to Kenneth's advice. He knows what he's talking about. If you're near Virginia, it would be worth your while to go by and visit his dealership.

famontherd

Thank you for your advice..We went through the whole trailer top to bottom inside and out and it seems like everything is in working order and put together well. I was very leery so I was extra, extra picky when we wnt through it. Thanks again!!

Angela

ARCHER

Yorkie Mama and Gamontherd, I'd still go by GTS in Virginia and take a look at what Ken sells. You won't find a more honest dealership IMO.

soppor

I own a 340QBS . 2007 and yes it's for sale..... let me know if you want to hear my Coachman story just e-mail me direct :(

rjf7g

ARCHER - 7/28/2007 5:33 PM

Yorkie Mama and Gamontherd, I'd still go by GTS in Virginia and take a look at what Ken sells. You won't find a more honest dealership IMO.

I second that...great service before the sale and even better after the sale.

Bluebird Bob

RE: Looking For Opinions

Look up RV Consumers Group. They have a book listing almost all the makes and the quality and problems of rvs.

Remember, if the drawers are stapled together, so are the walls. They will start to pull apart if rig used a lot.

Bluebird Bob