looking to buy a Wildwood 26bhss

jdhollan

I'm interested in the model above but my tow vehicle is a Dodge Durango 4x4 5.9 rated for 7400 lbs towing. The gvwr for this trailer is 7640. Would I be able to tow this as long as I don't fill the fluids such as water, gray water and sewage to capacity. I would not be hauling it with anything in the holding tank. It would be used for weekend camping, no cross country stuff.

hertig

That rating is for a stripped truck with no cargo, no accessories, no passangers. Just a 150 pound driver and a gallon of gas :) In the real world, generally you wouldn't want to tow much more than 5000 pounds with a 1/2 ton pickup, particularly with a small gas engine (those do not like to pull up hills). Gear ratio is also a factor; unless you have the equivalent of the Chevy 373 or even better the 410, towing will likely be a chore, not a joy.

And I'll bet that the 'dry' (empty) weight of that trailer is already above 5000 pounds. So as long as you are a light person, don't carry anybody or anything in either the truck or the trailer, you may be within specs, but otherwise, probably not.

JBurchfield

Still looking for a 26BHSS. I have a 2001 model and it is great. We pulled it with a 1/2-ton suburban and it was fine, but later bought at 3/4-ton because I prefer the power. Most experienced RVers would probably prefer or recommend the 3/4-ton.

Mine is for sale if still looking, since I am moving on tomsomething else.

gomer34

I have an 02' Wildwood 26BHSSLE for sale, interior color is sage green. Excellent condition - Located in Maryland. Price: 13500. I am looking into the 29BHSS model. FYI - I had a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 SB 5.9 gas with a 3.92 rear gear axle. Pulled just fine, although a bit sluggish pulling in the mountains. I believe you will be fine pulling this on flat/slight inclines. I upgraded to a 99' Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 quad cab SB with a 5.9 I6 diesel. I can send via e-mail additional pics/info.