looks nice ...EXCEPT FOR...

John Harrelson

Two things....

#1.. you need to get rid of the stuff on the left side of the screen.. it makes it neccessary to scroll the page to the right so the forum can be read. Make for a real nuisance.

maybe put that unnessary stuff at the bottom of the page or maybe on a separate page by itself..

#2.. There is no "Technical" section for discussing things like internet access and cell phone service while traveling either part time or full time..

With today's modern RVers, the computer, internet access and cell phone information / discussions are a very important part of the RVing adventure.

Why not add it to the forum ?

John

John Harrelson

Re: looks nice ...EXCEPT FOR...

Whats all that stuff around my signature ??
I didn't put it there..
I don't see how to erase it.

Also, where is the "subscribe to this thread" button, So when someone replies to a thread we will get an email alerting us to that fact ?

Thanks,
John

TexasClodhopper

RE: looks nice ...EXCEPT FOR...

John Harrelson - 7/10/2006 10:41 PM
#1.. you need to get rid of the stuff on the left side of the screen.. it makes it neccessary to scroll the page to the right so the forum can be read. Make for a real nuisance.

The scrolling side-to-side means that your screen resolution is set too low for the forum page width. Get around it in Windows by right clicking on your desktop, clicking on the Settings tab, and changing (increasing) your screen resolution until you see the full forum width. Keep in mind that as you do that, your text size will look smaller and smaller. Pretty soon you'll have to read your screen with binoculars!

This has helped some others view the new forum. Remember that everyone is not looking at this forum the same way you are. Everyone has different hardware and can set it differently.

Old Forum Post

John,

You can edit your signature by clicking on 'Control Panel' at the top right. I went ahead and removed the tags - as it was probably something left over from the conversion.

At the bottom right of any thread there is a link called 'Toggle e-mail notification' - click on that to subscribe to a thread.

Thanks,
Lee
RVUSA.com

Shadow

RE: looks nice ...EXCEPT FOR...

It didn't really help me TexasClodhopper. Played with it a little bit, but made everything small. This is the only site I have to do the scroll thing so just left my settings be. Gets to be a pain and I'm going a little cross eyed but I'll live with it. Take care, thanks

TexasClodhopper

Hey, Lee. There have been several comments about the 'width' of the new forum changing. What do you think it is if not a screen resolution setting on the client computer? Is it a browser setting? Is there a way to adjust it for each user? What about a new 'skin' for those users?

John Harrelson

Thanks LEE,
I tried that on another forum last year and it was terrible... Of the over twenty different forums that I am a member of there are only two that have this problem of screen over flow..

There were originally three sites with this problem, but after so many members complained on one of the web sites, they went back to the internet standard and solved the issue, thus making everybody happy and contented....

Therefore its not worth the aggravation of changing my entire system just to accommodate two sites..

But thanks for trying to help with this serious problem LEE, I appreciate it.

John