LP LEAK

ARCHER

Well, we arrived to our winter site and all is hooked up. Found that I have an LP leak. It is coming from the LP LEAK DETECTOR shut off right after the main tank turn on. There is a small cyclinder with wires that screws into a large nut (big black nut) right after the turn on/off of the tank, which I am sure is the automatic shut off unit from the leak detector unit inside motorhome. I went to dealer for guidance and they said just to by-pass it (not hardly....safety). I am looking for some small "Flat" wrenches (regular wrenches are too thick to remove it) to remove the unit and clean threads and re-tape and see if that takes care of it.
QUESTION: Is the small (silver like tape on it) one unit including the nut/bolt at the bottom of it or does the cyclinder screw into the nut/bolt? If I can get it out (I'll have to cut the wires to turn the entire thing), and doing the thread clean and retaping doesn't fix the problem, anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Can't use the LP until I get it fixed so wife is upset with me, until it is time for dinner and then she says let's GO OUT TO EAT, HA HA :approve:
Need an answer soonest. tks

C Nash

LP LEAK

Good to hear you made the trip safetly Archer. Sorry I missed you on the way through. Never dealt with the problem you have but agree on the safety. Bet the propane people would sang a different tune if you told them to give that in writing about by-passing but, that may be the only answer. Guess a lot don't have them anyway. Hope someone can help. Keep us posted on things in sunny Fl.

ARCHER

LP LEAK

Chelse,
Finally found someone to help me on the LP Leak. I got the actuator off and cleaned the threads, and "o"ring and put it back together and it still leaks between the actuator and the main emergency valve, so I have ordered a new one to be here by early next week so should be back in business next week and Momma can start using the stove.....ha ha
Sorry we missed ya coming down but timing was bad as we passed your neck of the woods at a bad time to stop and chat. Maybe on the way home next spring.
See ya :cool: :cool: :cool:

C Nash

LP LEAK

I had sent you a an e-mail to let you know that we were out of town but, don't think it went through. How is the weather down there. It's lousey here cold and wet

ARCHER

LP LEAK

Got the part and all is well with the LP leak (Got it from a plumber). No problems and the boss doesn't have any excuses now on fixing dinner vs going out for dinner.
Chelse, The weather is absolutely great. Cool at night and warm in the daytime. It was sure cold when we came through the Florida panhandle a week ago.
It will be strange celebrating Christmas without all the kids, and grandkids this year. Our first Christmas away from family. We got the dog and cat... :approve:
Merry Christmas to all..........and a safe New Year's Eve and a wonderful New Year. :) :cool: