LP PRESSURE QUESTION

ARCHER

I'm sitting here in Sunny Florida waiting on the LP truck to deliver and was messing around with my LP system and I noticed that the pressure gage is showing MAX. I had turned off the hot water tank and have only used the stove a couple times in the last week. My tank is a little less than 1/4 full.
Is this normal to be so high when the tank starts to get near empty or might there be a problem with the regulator? No gas smells so I know it is not leaking anywhere and when I do turn on the hot water tank or the furnace or the stove all seems to work just fine, but the gage still shows very high pressure. I thought I had heard that the pressure should be around 7 or 8?
Cause for concern or just wait until I get the tank filled and see where it is from there?
It is a 89 Winnebago Chieftain. Auto hot water tank, and furnace.
Regards to all those up North in the cold, snowy, icy homefront. :) :cool:

Tammi

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

Archer,
go sit in the sun and have beer for me :cool: Worry about the tank later LOL!

turnipbwc

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

Archer,
I am sitting up here in WV where it is 18 degrees and geting ready for a big snow storm. Do you need any help worring about that LP tank ? Just kiding and wish I could help you but I no nothing about that subject.
Good Luck,
turnip

sepisllib

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

The liquid just keeps slowly evaporating and will maintain most of it's pressure until it's nearly all gone.

Have the beer and relax -

Bill & Judy

Gary B

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

Hi Archer the LP pressure should be about 11 inchs of water column which translates to about .5 PSI. Are you looking at the gage next to the refer? Its normal to have the inchs up at the upper end when nothing is running on LP, if you were to start the water heat have your better half bake some chocolate cookies and kich in the furnace ypu'll notince the needle drop down. Well with 60*F you may not want the furnace but the cookies would be good and needed for the check :laugh: Talk to later GB :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

ARCHER

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

Gary,
Tks. Yes, it was the gage below the fridge that I normally look at to check for leaks (set the black needle when I first turn it on and then turn it off to see if the red needle drops). I'll check it out. Having a time of it, getting LP filled. Staying in an RV/TRAILER type park...mostly mobile homes and some have LP (account), but LP people will not deliver for RV only, so have to wait until they come by to fill perm folks tanks and then beg to have them fill mine). It is a pain in the .... to disconnect all (no hydralic jackks) so hope I can flag them down. I've got about a 1/4 of a tank, but it is suppose to get down in the 30's tonight for a couple days, so may need the furnace). The furnace really sucks the LP. I am thinking of buying the standard attachment for LP so that I can use the portable LP tank in an emergency.
Hope your staying warm this winter. Been a good year down here, except they have sold the park (for condos) so will have to find another winter spot for next year. Gonna look further South, but lots of damage down there from the storms this past fall.
Take care and thanks again for the advice. By the way, we are headed to Lake Vermilion for two weeks started late May and running into early June. Just can't stay away from that beautiful Minn country and fantastic fishing.... :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;)

turnipbwc

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

I have a 500 gallon propane tank for my home heating. It only holds 400 gallon or 85 percent. The rest is more or less compressed air. This is what they told me when they installed it. I have checked my tank several times after fill ups and it always reads 85 percent when its full. Propane tanks on RV'S are probably the same way.
turnip

wasatchmtnatvr

LP PRESSURE QUESTION

ARCHER. Your lp pressure should be at 11.0 inches water column with 3 or 4 stove top burners on. With all lp appl. on should not be below 9.9 inches. All lp appl. off should not exceed 12.1 inches. Sometimes you will see a up to 20% above or below 11.0 If exceeds that have lp system serviced (most likely new regulator needed).