Mail forwarding

cole

We are going to be in a campground in Florida for the months of Jan and Feb next year. What's the deal on mail forwarding? Where do I find info on the service? Is it practical for only two months? How much delay is involved ? Any help would be appreciated. :blush: :cool:

rv wizard

Mail forwarding

If you are going to stay at the same campground the entire time just have the US Postal service forward your mail to there and when you get ready to return set up another forward to home and cancel the first forward when you get home.

cole

Mail forwarding

Sounds like the way to go. What's the typical delay having the mail forwarded by the USPS?

paulwolking

Mail forwarding

quote:Originally posted by cole

We are going to be in a campground in Florida for the months of Jan and Feb next year. What's the deal on mail forwarding? Where do I find info on the service? Is it practical for only two months? How much delay is involved ? Any help would be appreciated. :blush: :cool:

If you want more personal service try fastforwardremail.com the cost to retrieve your mail for the period would run around $100.00. If the USPS does it you will have some mail incognito while you return home.

Kirk

Mail forwarding

I'm not sure just what Paul means, but I can tell you that as a fulltimer I pay only $70 plus postage for each year of mail forwarding. We use Escapees.

hjbibaud

Mail forwarding

You for got to say that you must join eswcapees to get mail forwarding another 60.00 per year

john

Mail forwarding

1. To have a mail forwarding service send your mail you must first get the mail to the mail forwarding service. That is a delay.
2. After initial set up at the Post Office your mail should be sent to you the same day it is recieved at the Post Office. I have seen errors in this procedure though (I have also seen errors from a mail forwarding service too - i.e. you may get a letter for somebody else or they may get one of your letters by mistake whch can create a great delay.)
3. I used the Escapees forwarding services for a couple of years and they were, in my opinion, better than you could wish for. They really have a great mail section at Livingston.

paulwolking

Mail forwarding

well i finally got back to see what folks had said. the 70.00 cost from fast forward would include postage as well and you dont have to go full time to get the mail there promptly

mail forwards from your home to the service
you decide when you want your mail, there is one day service usually in fl
when you want your mail stopped, they make it pain free
when you get home, just turn off the forwarding and you are done.

when you full time they will send where you want when you want with street address for driver license, auto reg and voter reg and they have a cost cap including postage costs of $389.00 per year :laugh: .

they can also provide vehicle registration service in florida so you dont even have to go there to register the vehicle

captainjeb

Mail forwarding

you can do a temporary change of address with your post office or usps.com for your first class mail. it can do it for a year and just change it when you are ready to have it stopped. i think they will also do mail forwarding for everything. the mail forwarding has a charge i believe.

ARCHER

Mail forwarding

Folks,
I have had my mail forwarded for the last three winters to the RV park in Florida, but it took the USPS 10-14 days to start forwarding it and some mail got lost. This winter we are in Texas and I have had mail forwarded to daughter in home town, so maybe it might get better, but have been gone for 13 days and she has not gotten any mail for us "yet". The USPS is raising their rates Jan 1, 2006....for what I don't know.

relorduy

Mail forwarding

I joined the RV community in 2004 and I have tried a service called USA2ME (http://www.usa2me.com for my mail forwarding.These guys provide me an permanent physical address where I can receive mail and packages and then forward it. So far they have done a great job and it is only $5.00 a month.