Medical

loviosa

I have a question about medical insurance that I hope some of you full timers can help me with. My husband and I own our first 5th wheel. We are talking about doing the 6 months in Florida and then 6 months in Pa. The problem is that my medical wont let me leave the area for that long without changing primary care givers. (something they will only let you do a few times.) If I dont change caregivers I need to set foot back in Pa for at least one day a month. This could get very costly and annoying to have to run home from Florida every month for one day.

How do all of you deal with that if you are gone from your home base for extended periods of time?

Lovi

DL Rupper

Re: Medical

Doctors: We use a fee for service health insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield). We can use any BC/BS preferred provider ($20 copay) anywhere in the US. Services over and above office visit cost us 20% of insurance pre-negotiated fee after the $300 yearly deductable is paid. No Medicare Plan B.

Hospital is free with Medicare Plan A and BC/BS supplemental.

Hard to say what might be coming down the road for all of us under ObamaCare. :eek:

H2H1

Well I have Mail Handlers with a $20 copay. This a postal insurance and is good any where in the USA. Now I sure it would be acceptable in other countires , but not willing to try it out. I will ck with Maria cousin as he is retired from the postal service and he and his wife go everywhere a airplane goes. I will post back as soon as I find out.PS not old enough for SS or medicare

loviosa

I forgot to mention in my original post that I am not old enough for SS or medicare. I am using Tricare (my husband is retired Navy) so if any of you are in the same boat (pun not intended) and using Tricare I would love to hear from you.

Thank you again. :)

Lovi

Kirk

I am sending a private message to you. I happen to know several who are retired military and who travel fulltime, using Tircare for Life as their primary health care. I don't know just how they do so.

jack g

Loviosa

Tricare works anywhere you go. I'm from Washington state and had a problem early this year while in Mn. Just called Tricare and they found a clinic just two miles from where I was staying. paid my co-pay saw doctor. went to wal mart got my medicine for $3.00 Tricare works any where. Just call them with the question you have, they will answer all of your concerns. (retired army)

H2H1

Jack g that is good only if you are retired military, where you are initial to any military medical center. I have Mail Handlers and it is recognized world wide, I think, but I know it is thru out the states. This insurance is by the USPS, I was able to get it while working civil service and kepy it when I retired. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: