Memorial day thanks

elkhartjim

Thanks to you Hollis or is it Dl thats the Marine, and all the rest of you great men and women for serving me for our country. God bless toeach and every one of you.

Kirk

Re: Memorial day thanks

And even a few from other branches of service as well. I think that most of us get a much different prospective of military service after we have gotten out and had enough years pass to evaluate such things a bit more objectively. It is amazing to me how different things look, even in my own service experience now.

It is very different to watch your son (or daughter if you happen to have one) go into harm's way than it was to go there yourself!

Formely, IC1(SS) 1960-68

TexasClodhopper

After NOT watching a whole weekend's worth of Ted Turner's TCM ANTI-WAR movies, ...

I am extremely appreciative of all of you guys and gals that have served our country in some capacity.

DL Rupper

My thanks to all that have served and to all that have son's and daughters that have served or are still serving. We currently have one the finest Armed Services/Forces in the history of the U.S. They are great and we are lucky to have them.

utmtman

Thank you all having served 20 years in the army and retired and having a son in law presently serving and getting ready to go to Iraq I know the feelings well. I also had a grandfather who served in WWI and a father who served in WWII and two brothers who like me served in Viet Nam. So we come from a service family.

H2H1

hey Jim, I was in the Army and DL was a Marine. I am a Viet Nam vet like most of us on this forum AND SERVE my country proud and would do it again if asked. I have a son who is in the Air Force and is putting in his time for his country.

I pray that all our sons and daughter who serves this country come in no harm, but I know this is not going to happen. For those who are hurt or killed I pray for there healing and there souls. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!! AND ALL OUR ARMED SERVICES