Metzendorf travel trailer

Metz

The interior walls and cabinets are usually fastened to the roof and outside walls to provide strength and support to the camper body. Go to youtube and search for mobiltec. This gentleman helps out a viewer with a similar situation to yours.

D'Lynn

The interior walls and cabinets are usually fastened to the roof and outside walls to provide strength and support to the camper body. Go to youtube and search for mobiltec. This gentleman helps out a viewer with a similar situation to yours.
Thanks so much.

Megamania

Lori tried to answer your private note, but was not able. I checked with my step mother. Searched through the parts in the garage and was not able to find any name plates or brochures. There are some vents, small windows, gas stove parts, one gold tone sink, door locks/handle, handle used outside beside the door. The area needs a good cleaning and there may be more. Said she would get her son to look through it all. I don't see her often, but did give it a try for you. Sorry there were no name plates.
Hello! I am currently in the process of restoring a 63 metzendorf! Any chance you still have some of those parts? Especially window hardware? But I would probably be interested in any of it!! Let me know I realize this is an old forum. Fingers crossed!!!

Metz

I don't have any spare parts to offer, but I was able to find some window hardware for my 63' Metzendorf at vintagetrailersupply.com. If you are in need of window gaskets, vintagetrailergaskets.com is a great source as well. Once in a while a vintage window will show up on Ebay that you can scavenge parts from. Sourcing missing parts for vintage campers is not easy these days. The cost, especially the shipping can be prohibitive. Good luck with your Metzendorf!

Squibzilla

Is there any other way to find out the year of a Metzendorf besides the VIN number on the tongue is there a code for the VIN number on the tongue does anybody know The trailer was completely gutted there's nothing inside some people said to look on the sink other say to look on the mirror but I don't have any of that I basically have a shell and a trailer I've looked at hundreds of photos and I think it's a 1960 or a 1961 but I need to get it registered and I have to have evidence of a year for all intents and purposes I can just make up a year and do it but I would really like to know as close as I can to what year it is if anybody could help me I would really appreciate it

Mred0207

Is there any other way to find out the year of a Metzendorf besides the VIN number on the tongue is there a code for the VIN number on the tongue does anybody know The trailer was completely gutted there's nothing inside some people said to look on the sink other say to look on the mirror but I don't have any of that I basically have a shell and a trailer I've looked at hundreds of photos and I think it's a 1960 or a 1961 but I need to get it registered and I have to have evidence of a year for all intents and purposes I can just make up a year and do it but I would really like to know as close as I can to what year it is if anybody could help me I would really appreciate it

Mred0207

Hello, I have a complete '59 Metzendorf that I started to restore, but I've found another project instead. I have papers for it and I have the sink with the date stamped in it. I also put brand new tire under it. I'll let it go super cheap or take what you want. Ed
ford.em@verizon.net

brookwood61

I just found out my brother has one of these sitting in his back yard,in original condition, down to the cloth upholstery. I am going to find out the date of manfg.(sometime in the 50's, he thinks) but can anyone give me any info as to where to find info about this make. Under the name on the side of the trailer is W. Farmington, Ohio. It seems to be rather rare as I can't find anything about it -at least not thru Google.
Thanks.
Metzendorf was sold to karl gerlt of west farmington. He made metzenforf trailers, then sold out to recreational industries of lordstown ohio. In the origional w farmington building, they made 21' RICO motorhomes. Karl remained the plant manager. I worked for him st rico. When the motorhome market crashed, we started making delovery trucks, with wooden boxes on the same type of gm motorhome chassis. i worked there for about 3 years until they went out of business in 1978. karl was a great guy, and knew how to build a camper. we helped him build his own motorhome on a gord chassis. it was the only Ford we built. he built it to drive to alaska to visit his son . other then tires, it held up great.

brookwood61

Sorry anputbthe typos.

RE: Metzendorf travel trailer

In regards to the posts about the history of Metzendorf travel trailers. My father and mother Karl and Velma Gerlt purchased the business from the Metzendors in the early sixties. Dad ran the business and Mom ran the office and handmade the curtains. There were a variety of empoyees, including the amish and high school students. In 1966 my mother passed away. Dad continued to run the business and I took over making the curtains for the trailer. They made the 13' and 15' trailers and added an 18' trailer and truck camper. My future husband also worked for my Dad and helped deliver the trailers. After much deliberation Dad decided to sell the business in the early seventies. Production was stopped shortly after the purchase. I still live in West Farmington. The building where they were manufactured still stands, but is no longer a factory.
How are you and Gilson doing? Your dad was an awesome guy.

brookwood61

Metzendorf was sold to karl gerlt of west farmington. He made metzenforf trailers, then sold out to recreational industries of lordstown ohio. In the origional w farmington building, they made 21' RICO motorhomes. Karl remained the plant manager. I worked for him st rico. When the motorhome market crashed, we started making delovery trucks, with wooden boxes on the same type of gm motorhome chassis. i worked there for about 3 years until they went out of business in 1978. karl was a great guy, and knew how to build a camper. we helped him build his own motorhome on a gord chassis. it was the only Ford we built. he built it to drive to alaska to visit his son . other then tires, it held up great.
We built 23 footers, not 21. It's been a long time.

Sima

To improve your business, namely increase sales and advertising, I would advise you to use Gmail accounts. For me, this is a great way to communicate with my future clients, which I benefit from the resource https://accfarm.com/buy-gmail-accounts which is reliable and has never let me down. Accfarm sells Gmail, Facebook and other social media accounts that I use for various purposes. I can always contact this company if I am having difficulty accessing my email account. Their helpful staff always makes sure that I solve my problem.

romanregin402

Gmail accounts are a great way to advertise your products and services. For me, gmail accounts serves a lot of purpose and some of them are communicating with potential customers, sharing details of products etc. https://www.bulkaccountsbuy.com/buy-gmail-accounts/ is a great platform to buy gmail accounts if you're looking for the best quality accounts with no issues at all. They are the best in the business and have always helped with buying gmail and other social media accounts to advertise my products. If you're facing any problem, you could just contact them and it will be solved within few hours

NewToCampers

Hello!!! New here! Acquired a very good shape original 1961 Metz last summer. The roof has been coated with aluminum silver roof paint many many times, and the inside was water damage free, until the summer I got it. I think moving it opened up some hairline cracks. I recoated and have done tons of research, some of which says NOT to use roof paint on metal camper roofs. What should I do for maintenance? Should I try to strip the paint off the seams and use EternaBond tape? Should I just coat it til it needs replacing? Help! Also, is the outside siding aluminum? Thinking of repainting and want to be sure. Thanks!!!

maxphillips

In contrast to social media, email marketing campaigns can be more highly customised. Prices are significantly lower than other channels, especially when considering email marketing's reach and conversion rate. It contributes to the reason why email marketing is so beneficial for small firms. Anyone can do email marketing with https://www.bulkaccountsweb.com/buy-hotmail-accounts/ and make an advantage out of it. It's very simple and there is nothing complex related to it to make it look difficult.

scpatrick81

Building an Instagram profile can be a tedious task. Building something from scratch like an Instagram account will consume a lot of your time. That's why you should buy services from https://bulkaccountsale.com/buy-instagram-accounts/. They provide promotion services where you can easily promote your social media pages and not just Instagram pages. With bulkaccountsale.com you can easily make a lot of real time followers and reach more customers.

davidosmani

I just found out my brother has one of these sitting in his back yard,in original condition, down to the cloth upholstery. I am going to find out the date of manfg.(sometime in the 50's, he thinks) but can anyone give me any info as to where to find info about this make. Under the name on the side of the trailer is W. Farmington, Ohio. It seems to be rather rare as I can't find anything about it -at least not thru Google.
Thanks.
They were produced in the 50's and early 60's by Martin Metzendorf of West Farmington, Ohio, approximately 10 miles northwest of Warren, Ohio. Martin (my great-uncle) and his wife had the traliers built with Amish laborers, she pickede out the interior patterns and colors.

Last edited: