Microquiet 3600 lp stalls after i put door on it

John Kilbride

Stange thing....i take the door off my 3600 lp onan and it starts and runs fine. Put the door on and after 2 mintues or little less it dies. I restart it and leave the door off and runs fine.
Things i have tried:
replaced door with cardboard ....same result
checked remote wiring pigtail to see it it was hitting or grounding out ....wigggled it with door off nothing!!! still runs
check rubbing of spark plug ...lol no electric surge on skin
oil level is fine

level 3 code
1 blink and then 4 blinks

HELP!!!
thank you in advance

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Microquiet 3600 lp stalls after i put door on it

Sounds like it is running out of air. All engines will do that if starved for air. Check venting of air to Carb.

Brother set a generator in a cargo trailer to keep it out of weather. After a few minutes, same thing happened to him.

John Kilbride

sorry yes i checked the filter....clean. with the door off and running fine i even tried to smother it for air, it stumbles and then recovers

John Kilbride

it doesnt "sound" like it it a slow death of air ...more electric...like running fine then blam off

John Kilbride

no appreciate it very much, i will continue to trouble shoot....this is a strange one

G

u got a code 14 then ,, is there any swtiches on the unti that might come in contact with the door ,, sorry ,, jsut getting info on this
;)

John Kilbride

i dont think so ...i have tried to look for anything protruding ....nothing obvious.....it will run for about 2 minutes fine with the door on and then die...im sorry for my igrnorance ...i have tried the common things

G

well to let u know ,, i am reserching the codes now ,, but if i remember right ,, a code 14 is fuel related ,, but nt sure for sure ,, but i'll let u know ,, btw is this the first time u had this prob ,, ???? and also if not was it doing any funny things before this ,, sorry agian just getting mor info ;)

John Kilbride

no, it has been fine ...i think a 14 code is over voltage ...this is with nothing running on it just the gen running without giving power to anything

G

hmmmmm i came up with a nbon listed code ,, but it maybe over voltage,, but there should have not been any overvoltage ,, since it's not online ,, and it don't make since on the runnin with the cover off ,, that will not have anything to do with voltage ,, but i am still cking into it for u ,, bare with me and us here ;)

John Kilbride

someone mentioned that it might be the demand regulater ....the diaphram inside causing it to die. not sure if i believe that....it runs fine with the door off and the cover completely off. i have been blowing a fan on it while the door/cover is off so it doesnt overheat

John Kilbride

oh trust me i thnak you in advance....im a knuckhead with mechanical. if you need me to fix your computer im there for you....I am a IT Manager

G

ok ,, well lets get down to the nitty gritty on this ,, does it run fine with a load on it ??? door on or off ??? also over frequency does not make sense on the door ,,, does it have a winter summer setting ??? jsut poking here ,, if it does set it to the summer mode ,, although i don't think it will matter ,, since it was working fine before ,, but to let u know i am still cking into it for u ;;; :approve: :approve: :approve:

John Kilbride

im not sure if this one has a summer /winter setting....i love in central fl so kinda hard to tell summer to winter lol. Yes i ran my washing machine in my garage on it and a fan...also put a power circular saw as well....i see it do like it always does with the surge of power and delivering the amount it needs with the little shake like all gens do but then runs fine

G

well that settles that ,, i am having probs with my ISP tonight ,, and been getting logged off and on ,, but i did put a call into a friend of mine ,, who happens to work for cummins ,, and i left a mesage with him ,, and i am very sure i'll get a call back in the am from him ,,,, if that is ok with u ,, he's good ,, and i worked for cummins a few yrs ago ,, but i have been out of it for some time ,, but he'll help me out ,, u'r not in need of the set as of now are u??? if so ,, i can call the 24 hr # at cummins ,, and get a tech right now ,, if U ARE NOT in need of the set ,, then wait and see what others come up with on here ,, if no help ,, then i will be in contact with u tomm sometime ,, and i will prolly have an answer by then ,, oh BTW welcome to the forums ;) :) :)