Mike & Managements RV Road

SuperMike

Re: Mike & Managements RV Road

Well here we are it's Wednesday and test day..................... and I passed. :laugh: Excellent.
It has been a long week 8 days of practice with an instructor and todays test. Management is very pleased and I have earned loads of Brownie points. ;)

It has not been cheap though, the training cost £1500, anyway now we can go back to the dealer with the knowledge that I can now actually drive one of these things. As I parted company with the examiner, he said " Well done Mr Cox, however I want you to remember that although you have passed, that does not make you any better a driver than you were 2 hours ago, so drive carefully". :) Wise words I think.

akjimny

Mike - Glad to hear you passed your test. That makes you a better, more prepared driver than most on this side of the pond. $2300 US is a pretty steep price to pay just to get the license. I'm not sure I would pay that much for the privilege of driving an RV in the US. Good luck and happy travels and please keep us posted on your RV adventures over there. :) :)

Triple E

Yes I agree with Jim. Now get out there and have yourself a blast. :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:

big bilko

Well done Mike passing what seems to be a stringent and expensive driving test.The upgrade I had to take cost just $500 and took 1 day.Morning was theory and afternoon was actual test driving through the busy part of town. The examiner who took 3 of us through the test spent the whole time female watching. Any female between 13 and 90 had his complete attention while us wannabe drivers drove him around. I was that close to reporting him but he was the person in charge. :angry: As I am used to towing double horse trailers the test was pretty simple.I feel you do most of the learning when you are off on a trip. Just remember to take it easy and enjoy the travel Its the best part of the journey.Regards BIG BILKO. :) :) :) :)

SuperMike

RE: Mike & Managements RV Road

Ok people. Tommorow, we are off back to the dealers. The finance is sorted, we sold a house, and so I shall go clutching my cheque book. Management want'sto lookover the Winnebago Sightseer 31E again to make sure, but we think that is the one. AND as I passed my exam, I can have a test drive. :laugh:

To keep you all in suspenders, tommorow we are also off on our holidays, and so will be unable to post what happens until we come back on 1st September. :evil:

akjimny

Oooo-Boy. I did a search on your soon-to-be Winnebago. Seems like quite a bit of coach to maneuver around in the English countryside on those narrow roads. Please post back and let us know how your holiday adventure went. Good Luck :laugh: :laugh:

SuperMike

RE: Mike & Managements RV Road

We here I am reporting what happened, when I said I would be unable to, because of our holiday. I found that I had 30 seconds to spare,I'm too good to you guys,and I am soooooooooooooooo excited, and had to share.

Anyway, we looked again at the 2010 Sightseer 31A, it's only the fourth visit to that dealers, and Management was happy, so we paid a deposit and will collect it after our holidays. In the meantime the dealers can be adding a few extra requirements that we wanted, like satellite dish, alarm & imobilzer etc.

All in all extra, extra, extra, EXCELLENT. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will spend the whole holiday dreaming about the thought of it "all shiney and new, standing on our driveway", and trawling through the accessories catalogue. :clown:

SHOUTING ................. I'M SO HAPPY, WHAT A GREAT START TO THE HOLIDAY ...................... SHOUTING

SuperMike

Back fro our holidays, yesterday I went to the dealers to see how they are getting on and there it was standing in the camping ground, Camp Dudley, all lovely, and clean, and shiney and wonderful. Went through what modifications we had asked to be done, with the chief fitter / mechanic man, and I must say he has done a super job. He must be worth his weight in gold to the organisation, I hope his pay reflects it. :clown:

Anyway, i am a very happy bunny. So this coming monday I am going to stay there and use it for there for a couple of days and try and see if anything breaks, before I pay the money and bring her home.

Management and I are trying to think up a name, other than Winnie, for her .......... ideas please .......... keeping it clean of course. :laugh:

Almost there, what a road.

akjimny

Congratulations, Mike. I can't think of any good names for yours - I just call mine the money pit on wheels, when I call it anything that can be repeated in public. Keep us posted on your adventures over there in the Empire :) :laugh:

SuperMike

Ok, so I am back home now with my lovely shiney new RV parked on our drive. The couple of days at the dealers did not bring up any problems, so now all we have to do, it use it. End of this road and the beginning of the next. :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :)