Mildew - Need Help / Suggestions

kokopuff

Was unable to check MH while in storage for extended period. Was parked in partial shade prior to Hurricane season. When I checked yesterday covered with Mildew (Exterior). Any suggestions on how to return to Original condition.

Appreciate any help, Fred

Kirk

Just add 1/4 cup of liquid bleach to your detergent bucket when you wash the RV. The detergent should remove the part that shows and the bleach will kill the living organism.

ARCHER

Welcome to the forum. You'll need a lot of elbow grease to get it all off. You might want to also consider using some Castrol degreaser you can buy at Wally World by the gallon and dilute it and try it on your mildew. Kirk had good idea, also. :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

johnnyP

Hi Fred,
I store my trailer outdoors in Florida and every year I have to remove MUCH mildew on the outside surfaces.
The 1/4 cup of bleach added to the soapy water really works, but I have found that a double wash works even better (wash trailer and then immediately rewash again). I find that most of the mildew comes off on the 2nd hit. Don't forget to rinse after to remove all bleach residue.
Good luck,
JohnnyP