Monaco Knight

labs

My husband and I are planning to take a 2yr road trip. We are thinking of buying a Monaco Knight, 40ft. Never RV'd seriously before, just a few weekend trips and we rented. What input can you give me about the quality and reliability of the Monaco Knight?

Thanks! :cool:

C Nash

Re: Monaco Knight

Some say the newer Monaco products do not have the quality of older Monacos but, I think they are as good as you will find in that price range. All new ones will have problems so buy early and get them worked out before hitting the road. We have the HR vacationer made by Monaco and have been well satisfied with the unit and Monaco service. A good dealer makes a lot of difference.

Stormin

We started looking at the Knight and really liked it. I liked the rear room with desk area. We went a different route to get a 400 HP engine and specific colors-pulling full size vehicles.
I agree with Chelse-if you buy new, it will be back to the dealer more than a few times and the level of service is a huge factor. I heard alot of good things about the Roadmaster chassis and Holiday Rambler wall construction and insulation. ;)

labs

Hi Stormin,

What did you end up buying? I know my husband would like a little more HP :cool:

Stormin

RE: Monaco Knight

Labs,
07 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40 E floor plan
It has the Cat C9 400 Hp and Liberty/Spartan chassis 15000 lb hitch. Fleetwood was not my 1st choice, but the Revolution is actually made at the American factory-so its more like the American Eagle, Tradition etc. All other Fleetwood coaches, diesel pushers, like the Discovery etc, are made on the Freightliner chassis which has alot of positive points also, but 350 HP and 10,000 lb hitch.

I really like the Tiffin Allegro Bus, it seems to be better made than the Revolution and about the same price range. If I did it again, I would probably look at those closer. I see them in parks and think I woulda, shoulda, coulda...

I also looked at Diplomats and Endeavor-my wife liked the colors of the Revolution and she usually gets what she wants

:laugh:

I hope this helps :) Looking was alot of fun....I'm kinda looking for my next one :cool: