Monthly Rates Nearby Yellowstone Nat'l Park

DL Rupper

I just checked out the monthly rates in towns in Wyoming close by Yellowstone Park. Cody, WY is $650/month and Dubois, WY is $950/month. Help!!! 2 or 3 years ago that would have been $450 and $650.

The cost of RVing is going sky high. It's going to take close to $1000 in diesel and another $450 in RV Park fees just to get there from Ohio and then another $650 to $950 to stay there. Oh well this is what we do for fun in our old age. :laugh:

utmtman

Re: Monthly Rates Nearby Yellowstone Nat'l Park

Thats what you run into in heavy tourist areas. Try the idaho and Montana areas and see what you can find. Might find some cheaper rates.

LEN

Saw a $595 weeklymonthly at Olson's out side of Livingston Mt, never been there but pics look good and there are a number of others at Gardner and Big Sky area.

LEN

DL Rupper

Thanks. I Will be going towards West Yellowstone eventually. I'm going that way to Polson, MT. My brother-in-law lives up there. Livingstone is a nice area too.

I'm traveling up on I-80 to avoid the Texas/Oklahoma tornado alley. Well here I sit in Central Nebraska in a tornado watch/severe thunderstorm warning. The thunderstorms could produce large hail. Seems like I've heard that recently. :eek:

G

Not agian ,, DL ,, i thought u learned u'r lesson ,,, hey ,, i'm just poking at u ,, u be carefull out there ,, and be sure u'r awning is up :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve:
Post us back if u get any good storms ,, but not hail ,, just good old thunder and lighting storms :approve: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

utmtman

Seems that dag burned Nebraska will do that to ya. LOL Back a few years ago we headed to Michigan for easter break. Beautiful weather in Utah and Colorado, hit the Nebraska border and it was blizzard all the way to Iowa. Had to spend the night in Lincoln and likes to froze to death in our tent trailer. Water lines and tank were frozen next morning, couldnt even fix and dang cup of coffee.

DL Rupper

Getting out of North Platte tomorrow if the storms don't get me tonight. Giong to be COLD for the next week after the cold front comes thundering through. :eek: Must be Global Warming. :laugh: ;)

utmtman

Yessiree that global warming will freeze ya every time

G

Lee ,, please don't say the cold word around me ,, i just got used to wearing shorts for the first time this year ,, now i have to go dig out my carhart's :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Snowing today on the Nebraskan border. COLD. Ran out of diesel fuel money so will be hold up here until the 1st. It has cost us $547 to make it 1500 miles. :eek: :dead:

elkhartjim

Its ok DL....spring will be here soon for you I know. Should have come thru OK and or Texas to miss the hail and tornados and the snow and the cold. Who does your trip routing? Just kidding, hope your feeling better and weather can permit you to get on the roof. Safe travels.

DARLING

DL
I guess that means that you did not use TC trip planning services :question: :question:

You are going to have to get up on the roof to either fix the vent cover or to put another layer of duct tape on it to insulate against the cold. Shiver Shiver

BE safe doing it though

Rod

What are carharts :question: :question: They like long johns :question: :question:

Darlin :cool:

DL Rupper

Hey Darlin :cool: They wear lots of Carharts out here in Nebraska. The good ol boys know how to stay warm when they work outdoors. They are a little on the heavy side for me. :laugh: Or maybe it's I don't like to work outdoors anymore. ;) Getting too sedentary in my older life.

DARLING

So they are or are not like thermal underware :question:

Are they like Woolrich jackets & pants :question:

You are not sedentary you are just pacing your self :laugh:

DARLING

I went & googled carharts. Wow as thick as they look you probably feel like as round as a bear.

I think I will just stay right here in Fla for a while longer while the rest of the north warms up.

G

Dl ,, did u run outta diesel or did the local station ,, i would guess the station ,, cause u are smarter than that ,, to run outta diesel in u'r rig ,,, ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

utmtman

Think he ran outta money. I told him once I told him a hunnert times not to let the lil lady get ahold a the credit card when travelin.

DL Rupper

Heck I had to swipe the lil lady's credit card to pay for diesel to get as far as we got. Now I'm doing what Darlin :cool: said. I'm "pacing" myself until payday. Pacing my body, mind and pocket book.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DARLING

Life is short. Do you ever think you would be this old this fast :question:

When you are 16, you wish you were 21. Made to feel OLD at 40(Over the hill parties), Now retired & doing what you want.

Life is short.