Most efficient way?

apadulo

this weekend I am using my friends 2005 Monaco Caymen diesel pusher. My question is what is the most efficeint way to use the heater and hot water while i am parked in an rv park?
Thank you,Andy

hertig

Re: Most efficient way?

The most 'efficient' way is to leave them turned off :) Other than that, for the heater, set the thermostat as low as you can stand it. You can help it out with those plug in ceramic heaters, unless the park charges extra for their use. As for the water heater, the electric heat element would be the cheapest, if it has one. The propane heater would probably be quicker.

Steve Bernard

Andy,
If no hookups exist keep hot water heater off until 1/2 hour before your shower, dishwashing, etc. then turn off again.
I do this and can stretch 20 gals of propane, for a month +.
Hopefully, you'll have a hookup and be able to take John's advise.

Steve (2008 Bounder 35E Ford Chasis)

brodavid

Welcome to the forum Steve, and a Happy New Year , we kept the heater off untill we were getting everything ready to wash then once we were thru turned it off.

Steve Bernard

Thanks for the welcome mat, Bro David, Ms Jackie (th Boss) , Ms Sarah (Ast Boss) and Mr Suga (spoiled dog)
There's a great year ahead of us

Steve Bernard

brodavid

Also Steve enjoy your new RV
God go with you and keep you safe

brodavid

Steve Bernard

I'm having a Rv open house party and filling my H20 tank with champaign....a toast to you and yours, Bro David

brodavid

You will have to drink a glass for me, I have been on the wagon going on 35 years. But enjoy and do not drink to much, have to inspect that new RV and don't need a headache while you are doing it.
God go with you and yours, safe RVing

DL Rupper

Hey brodavid, congratulations. I've been off the sauce 29 years on Feb 8. Only missed it for about the first 5 years. Could care less now. I guess that will leave an extra glass or 2 or 5 or 10 or more of the Champaigne for the toasters..

brodavid

When I woke up in a different town and state that I was in when I took that first drink that night settle it for me, then I started going to church and now pastor the one I went too.

G

Now that is sweet ,, i'm glad we can have religion on here ,, u know it's been banned everywhere else ,, so i say God be with u and make a prayer for our country and it's men fighting ,, cause without God and our men ,, we would be in a different world ,, IMO i just hope that we can stay this way on this forum and not have someone telling us we can not say anything about religion on here ,, IMO that is what put this country in the state is in ,,, But again JMO :approve: :)

bloozeharp

Count me in for no headache! After 35yrs of keeping Anheuser Busch in business, I said no more. 2yrs and counting. Definitely the most Efficient Way!
Mark G.
Longview, Tx.
"Celebrate Recovery"

G

I must admit i do have a beer now and then ,, but when i do it's usally at the beach ,, and u know a 6 pack can last me all week long ,,, ;) ;) :eek: :laugh:

rjf7g

Sounds like the RV industry might not be the only one in trouble...

G

:question: :question: :question: :question:

Steve Bernard

Congratulations to you DL and Bro David....There's always Pepsie, coke, coffee or tea, at my home.
Champagn is overrated anyway! :dead:

Steve Bernard
2008 Bounder 35E Ford 30v 362HP