Motorhome Layouts

Glyn

Its me yet again from the UK. I seem to have given the wrong info. It is a used rv motothome we are looking to purchase,around 30ft with 1 double bedroom for me and the Mrs and one bedroom with bunks for the kids aged 11 and 8, What models are a good buy with this layout.Our budget would be around $25,000.00

Gary B

Motorhome Layouts

Hi Glyn, right off I can't think of any Class A's with a double bedroom /bunkhose arrangement, but many have a couch & dinette/booth that will make into a bed. There are a number of Class C's that are bunkhouse models, I know Jayco has such a model, for example in the local rv trader there is a 1998 Jayco 29' bunkhouse, Ford V10, sleeps 8 priced at $24500. Hope this helps a bit. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

rlmurraysr59

Motorhome Layouts

I have never seen a Class A with bunks either. But make sure you don't buy one with a "J" couch in the living room. Most uncomfortable piece of furniture they have ever put in an rv, in my opinion. Get one with a hide-a-bed. The dinette also lets down into a pretty comfortable small bed. I put a rod across the ceiling of my previous trailer and now my motorhome and made a curtain that closes around the bed. Gives guest privacy when I get up in the morning, to make coffee. I am a morning person and really enjoy going outside to drink a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up.

If you are innovative enough you can work out just about anything. I don't think you are going to have a lot of problem with sleeping arrangements for an 8 and 11 year old. Getting them to sleep will be the problem with so much excitement in their lives from going "camping"!

Good Luck, and "Welcome to America" when you get here. Make sure you visit Michigan's Upper Peninsula, North Carolina's Great Smokey Mountains, and Virginia's Shanendoa Valley. Plus lot's of other stuff along the way. Cass, West Virginia has a State Park that is an old logging train ride that zig zags up the side of a mountain using Shay engines. It is quite the picturesque trip. Lot's of fun.

Glyn

Motorhome Layouts

quote:Originally posted by Glyn

Its me yet again from the UK. I seem to have given the wrong info. It is a used rv motothome we are looking to purchase,around 30ft with 1 double bedroom for me and the Mrs and one bedroom with bunks for the kids aged 11 and 8, What models are a good buy with this layout.Our budget would be around $25,000.00
Thanks Gary B we can put that one on our list.