My Class C is great!

TexasClodhopper

Now, your situation might be different (and I'm sure mine will change someday), but I like the way my Minnie handles! It being built on a van frame must have something to do with it. Even though it is a 31 footer, it gets around in the parking lots just great!

Sallyberetta and I don't drag all our worldly possessions with us, so we never have really loaded this thing up (even for a 2 week trip.) It has air bags on the rear springs, and they make a difference in the ride and sway. I'm going to add Bilstein shocks all around one of these days. That should make a difference.

One reason we did not buy a Class A (besides our financial position) was that the ones we looked at CRAMMED the driving position into the front. The driver seating position was just not adjustable; especially with the slide in. We actually sat in one where the NORMAL driving position of the seat back was forward of vertical! The salesman kept trying to change the subject. He got the message when I stopped the MH on the freeway access road and went into the back and sat down on the couch! Made him drive it back! ;)

C Nash

My Class C is great!

Clodhopper, That's the reason there are so many different kind out there. The class C units do offer some advantages. What suits one is not anothers cup of tea. For this reason everyone should figure what will fit into their budget and then get what suits THEM best. Listen to what others have to advise but then do what you decide "well we might have to listen to the co-pilot :laugh:

bazzer

Re: My Class C is great!

Hi Tex & Chelse,are you Chelse,trying to tell us that you'r hen pecked, you want to put your foot down and do what I do,I tell her strait Ill do the washingup when I want to do it, :) :) :) if thats all right with you my love :eek:uch! :blackeye: Bazzer

HighwayRanger

Y'all are funny! Our Class C is fine for now, but someday, we'll get us a Mack Daddy full-time rig! :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

Hello, Roy.

That post I made was over a year ago, and I still like mine! I haven't done anything major to it (like add the shocks.) My son and I did put in a "Mack Daddy" radio and speaker "system". I was informed that this is a "system" of speakers, 'cause its got woofers and tweeters now. ;)

Then I mounted my Garmin GPS on a RAM adjustable mount to the overhead, right above the windshield in the middle. Ran all the wires in the headliner, and it looks pro.

Now we can plug in an iPod music player with all of OUR music and go 500 miles without hearing a repeat!

We agree with you ... waiting for the full-time rig.

HighwayRanger

Sounds like you're all dialed-in Clod! I'm working on the XM setup and the satellite dish wiring now. BTW, Is Sally on the side a 92F by chance? :evil:

C Nash

Hay Tex, Does your computer say I am the author of this post? Mine does and when I click on my name it tells me I am you. See my post does not say re: My C Class is fine. Oh well, it just took me over a year to catch it so guess I'm ok :laugh:

C Nash

Under thread Author
My class c is great chelse nash
just back a page. Guess I answered wrong are something. When I click on my name under author it takes me to you. :laugh:

Shadow

Chelse, Have seen it on a couple of other post too. The first one to reply becomes the author. Seems to be on the older post that pop back up. Go to Full Timing sec. and on the flat towing thread you are the author.

C Nash

Yep, Shadow I just saw that one :laugh: . I need all the credit I can get. Not much pay for Authors :laugh: :laugh:

TexasLily

All things being even and money being no prob - what kind of RV should I buy, particularly since I plan to make it a "home?" Also, what brands should I look for? Please help me - We are new at this!

Thanks! Lily and Rooster

C Nash

Wow texasLily, with money being no problem I don't know where to start. Now that's a good problem to have. I take it you will be fulltiming. Do you want a MH, TT, or 5th wheel? What kind of places will you be visting? will you be on the road a lot or in one place for extended stays. Just need a little more info to give opinions.