my sore back!!

XXL PAPA

Where can we find a great mattress thats like the tempur-pedic or is the tempur the best? Any feed back is welcome!

This is Nana writing this. :)

Gary B

my sore back!!

Hi Nana, Sam's club has tempur-pedic mattress's and mattress pads. I've seen where folks have posted that they both work well, we have been thinking of getting a matress pad tp try, but haven't gotten to Sam's club yet. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

buckbs

my sore back!!

I bought an 3 inch thick memory foam pad for my RV queen bed from Costco and it works great. I have an expensive memory foam mattress on my bed at home and this is as good while being a lot cheaper!

byckbs

Gary B

my sore back!!

Hi buckbs, about how much was the 3" pad, and what is it called memory foam/tempur? We are looking into one for our Lance, thanks. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

hertig

my sore back!!

The one I got for our last trip was from Costco, called the NovaForm Elite, 2 1/2" queen size, for around $110 if I recall correctly. I had to cut the end off to fit our 'short queen' but it worked pretty well. The box says it is available online at COSTCO.COM

Be advised that they come vacuum packed and take a day or two to fully reinflate.

Gary B

my sore back!!

Thanks John, I'll look into the online site. Do you like it did it improve the bed? :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

hertig

my sore back!!

A definite improvement in comfort at a reasonable cost. More foam might be better, but might be more of a hassle (I was able to get my mattress cover over this one, to hold it in place).

buckbs

my sore back!!

Hertig is right about this foam top really working. I have a memory foam regular mattress at home, and this enabled me to sleep well in the RV when I added the one that I bought at Costco on line. I do not remember the model name or the exact cost, but it was the smooth surface one, no egg crate top or ripples. It does come shipped vacuumed packed and takes a few days to smooth out, but really works. Sorry that I could not help more.

buckbs

ReneeG

my sore back!!

I too have a problem with the mattress in our RV. We first bought a feather bed (hung over the edge of our queen) and it worked for a couple of trips. Took it off. Then we bought a pillow top mattress pad from Camping World and it worked great for a few trips but now I'm back to the aching back. I've seen the Costco memory foam pads - you're right, about $110 but Camping World has the same type for $89.99 if you're on the President's Club with $1 shipping. I'm thinking of trying it but am afraid that my back will eventually start hurting again. Has anyone tried the RV innerspring mattresses available from Camping World? Catalog says they come rolled up for easy shipping and seems that anything that soft may not be firm enough.

turnipbwc

my sore back!!

I ordered a 10" tempur pedic mattress and it will be in tomorrow (tuesday). I am picking it up at Roomful Express to save on the $60.00 delivery charge. Will let you know in a couple days how it is. I am now sleeping on a select comfert duel air mattress and it sucks. I have had it for 8 years after going the waterbed route. Didn't like either one of them so trying the tempur pedic. I have back trouble and just trying to get a good night's sleep, something I haven't had in many many years.
turnip42

ReneeG

my sore back!!

Thanks, let me know how it feels. My husband suggests buying the memory foam from Costco and sleeping on it out in the TT for a few days to test it. He's beginning to think this is the princess and the pea syndrome since all previous pads and featherbeds haven't worked!