Myrtle beach

G

Has anyone been to MB in the winter ,, like around Dec 21 or so,, i would like some input on this cause i'm heading down there at that time,, i need to know wheather to winterrize here or do it on the return trip home????
I have a tank heater on the drinking water tank ,, but none on the gray or black,,, i know it needs to be very cold for a long period of time before the tanks and coach freeze ,, but i was just wondering about the temps down there at that time of year... :)

brodavid

Re: Myrtle beach

Hi 730, you will not need to do it before just after, I lived just outside of Myrtle Beach and it can get cold here. Last Christmas it was real chilly, it dropped down to 51 degrees, it is 82 now. We have seen it freeze a few times and once in awhile get into the 20's or even teens, but most of the ti,e around 40 or above. Hope this answers your questions.

BroDavid

Provan Tiger
gas
19'
just 3 , the boss, the assitant boss, and me

G

was this on the beach ,, i am not doubting u'r post ,, but i know the wind blows on the beach,, we have a sight with concrete surf side ,, i am not worried about winterizing there but the drive home has me concerned ,,, i use to camp in colorado in sept ,, to do some flyfishing ,, the place i stayed at was 40 miles of the paved road,, but anway ,, it used to get down to upper teens during the night,, at one time the hose froze to the rv ,, but the rv was fine,,, so i thinking if it can handle that i should be ok for 40 degree weather at the beach ,,, i know i feel paranoid,, but i fix these things for a living ,, and have seen so much ,, makes me more precauses ,, i guess u say,,,
I can handle 40 degree cold ,, but i would prefer 90 degree cold ,, i am a person who likes to sweat in the summer ,, but hate the cold,,, JMO :)
Bty ,, i was down there in MB 4 years ago (everyone said go down in sept)
anyway it got down to 22 for 3 nights ,, the rv park personal ,, came and unhooked the fresh water line just in case ,, but i never had a prob,, i guess u'r right ,, i'l go as planned ,, and if something freezes and breaks i can fix it ,,, (i don't like working on my own stuff) anyway thanks for the input ,, and i hope to see u this spring for bike week ,, we go down for the month ,, sorry outta the post ,, but agian ,, thanks :approve:

brodavid

is 8 blocks from the ocean close enough, have a perm site at myrtle beach koa that i go to when i am not in hospital.

G

My site is only 5 ft from the beach ,, and we stay at Oceanlakes ,, which is in actually surfside beach ,, but thank u for the post ,, i'll besure to winterize for the trip home,, although the weather here has been great ,, all the old timers here in my little farming town ,, say don't break out the heavy coats yet ,, it will be long into Feb ,, befroe we see a cold spell ,, i can live with that ,,, heck last year ,, here in Dec it was 78 ,, i liked it ,, but the wife said this is not winter,,, we have not seen snow here in the past 2 years ,, but i'm happy ,, if it's above 60 i'm very happy,, (don't like the cold)
I have been teaseing the family about moving to the equator ,, the temps are upper 80's to 100's all year round (my kinda weather)
Sorry ,, got carried away :( ;) :)
Also if u see my Signature it will tell u how i feel about weather :approve: :approve: :) :bleh:

Shorty

We were in MB on New Years during Y2K. Had no problem with cold...When we camp in the winter, even though my tanks are heated, the lines that are inside the basement can still freeze. I fixed this problem 1 year by buying a $4 hair dryer and running it in the basement where the tanks and water lines are. I have since replaced that with a 110 outlet and a lightbulb. That one lightbulb put out enough heat to make it through 10 degree nights.
We live in Florida and need to absorb all the cold we can so we can make it through the summer ;)

TexasClodhopper

Rod, something happened to your ancestors! They must have gotten lost on their way to Texas! ;)

I've been to Tennessee (and plan to go back), so I know why I would have settled there. Only I'm having a hard time leaving Texas.

My favorite thing to say during winter is, "Give me dust, dirt, and gnats any day!"

G

Paul,, i know what i mean ,, i lived in NM for most of my life ,, but my parents are from here and all the family is here ,,, i told my self years ago,, if i get the chance,, i'm gonna move to TN and buy a farm in a little town ,,, well guess what ,, i did ,,, my kids came out great ,, both outta high school ,, one ,,last year of college ,, and now on to law school ,, the other ,, works for a boat manufacturing plant ,, and works on the farm in his days off ,,,
Well anyway,,, Paul ,, if u ever come down to TN anytime ,, let me know ,, i'll put u up at our place ,, no charge ,, and if u can't turn around at my place,, u need to sell the rv :laugh:
I kinda don't have the humor tonight ,, due to the fact that my wife's dad passed away last night ,, and u know have to do all the funeral stuff ,, but were ok... :)

Shorty

You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers. It's a tough thing to go through.
Shorty

G

Thanks ,, shorty,,( if u had a real name in u'r reg i would use it) but again thanks :cool:

TexasClodhopper

Sorry to here about your father-in-law. Sounds like he was an important part of ya'lls life, so I know he'll be missed.

But you'll get through by remembering the good times!

H2H1

RE: Myrtle beach

Hey 730, sorry to hear about your wife's father, I lost mine last year and father-in -law year before ,so I feel you lost. Our prays and thougth are with you and your family. God Bless you and your family.
icon_smile_disapprove.gif

Hollis and Maria

Shadow

So sorry to hear about your family's loss 730. We lost Shirley's dad awhile back and it was a tough time for all. Take care

Shorty

Aarrr
Shorty is what everyone calls me, that is unless they're a salesperson...then it's that 'other' name that I put on my bills :)
Got named that when I walked on stilts as Uncle Sam in Orlando...add my 6'6" frame to 3' stilts and a 12" stars & stripes top hat, well, you get the picture. My name tag said shorty and it stuck
:approve:

G

sorry ,, but that was all i had to go by,, but at u have a MH other wise u would not be here ,, and bty i'm in good go gettum spirts tonight ,, so bring it on,, although i'm figting with my email stuff

G

sorry ,, got the damn email thing straightened out and again thanks for the support ,, but my father in law was in a nursing home and he could not walk or talk ,, so i guess it was the best for him,, bty ,, he had a stroke ,, one of about 12 in his life ,, so i figure if he can stand that ,, then it was his time to go ;) :)
And also thank u Paul for u;r support ,, but u better be ready for more MB stuff ,, also the invite is still open if u ever come to TN :) :) :)