Navajo Reservation

H2H1

For thosewho been to AZ did anyone go to the Navajo Indian Reservation, and if so are there any restricted area thatRV'ers can't go to.

thanks in advance

tallyo

Re: Navajo Reservation

I suspect there maybe some restricted areas. We stayed at Goulding RV Park in Monument Valley, Ut. for a week. Although it's owned and operated by the Navajo's, is wasn't being managed by a Navajo. As I understand it ,if you are not a Navajo you are not allowed to live on the reservation without permission but many managers and teachers are given special permission.

We enjoyed our stay very much and the Navajo people are very friendly and were willing to share their traditions with us.

Watch the time zones. I may have this backwards but Arizona doesn't have daylight savings time but the Navajo reservations do. We never knew what time it was.

brodavid

Like alot of places there are a few spots that they do not want you in, great place, friendly people and a great cultural learning.
We enjoyed our trip and hope to go again. wonder how many miles my 4X4 will get.
God bless and keep you safe

H2H1

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S REPLY. We have made our reservation at the KOA in Flagstaff and use that as a base camp and travel in the toad for all the site the DW & I would like to see. We are standing by counting the days.

utmtman

While you are in that area be sure to see Wupatki National Monument, Homolovi State Park, Hubble Trading Post National Monument, Petrified Forest National Park, Sunset Crater National Park, Dinosaur Foot Prints (no signs for this except a little wood sign on the side of the road as you turn going into the reservation) and the Asteroid Crater.