Need a loan

sunco

Don't want to get one @ the dealer. Where's a great place to go? I wanta go to the dealer w/ a check in hand. Thanx I'm gettin a toy hauler

C Nash

Re: Need a loan

Check in the rv financing on the left of your screen. Might also check Bank Of The West, Good Sam and Etrade.

sunco

RE: Need a loan

Ok, I saw the stuff on the left but was looking for suggestion of one's used by anyone on the site. Thanx

Texas_Camper

I've done banking with the local credit union for many years. They've always done right with me... Whenever I need a loan, I can simply make one phone call and usually get it approved over the phone in 48 hrs. As far as a big chain, I have no clue, except to say that right now, banks are wanting to make loans. They are highly competitive. If you don't have a situation like mine, you may want to try the larger banks.....
C Nash has given you solid advice....

C Nash

Check them all and go with the best rate. I have used bank of the west and switched to Etrade when they offered a better rate. No problems with either.

sunco

Thanx , I wasnt sure what the going rate is. I'm guessing like 8%. Need $20-24K. Waiting till Monday( Crap- their closed - Holiday :( ) I'll check w/ the dealer & confirm the specs on the toy hauler to see I'm gettin a good deal. Doing the math its 27% off MSRP.

Shadow

We went with the dealer and Bank Of The West. They beat my bank and credit union.

DL Rupper

We went with Good Sam finacing. Try www.GoodSamRVFinace. The only advantage to Good Sam is they specialize in RV's. They were ok to deal with and had the best intertest rate AT THE TIME. Most of the lenders go by your credit score on what rate of interest you will be quoted.

hertig

My credit unions were way high. 10% when everyone else was 6 to 7%. I guess they just don't like RVs. Also, read the fine print in the loan contract. Allegedly, credit unions are allowed by law to put all accounts and securities they hold for you on as collateral in addition to the vehicle. This means they can not only reposess the vehicle, but your accounts as well.

Check out the online companies which specialize in RV loans. I got a fairly good deal through the dealer; later shopping online found the best I could do was 1/2% less than through the dealer. The loan actually was through US Bank in St Louis, conveniant since they have branches in the grocery stores here.

sunco

OK Now I'm onto insurance. Foremost wants $700 for a $25,000 unit - No thanx. Where to go?

C Nash

Progressive gave us the best price. Yes, I know or have heard that they donate to some oddball organization but, others probably do to. :angry:

hertig

The organization is not 'oddball'. It is the ACLU, and is dedicated to destroying this country and is having more success than Al Quada is...

C Nash

Where is the information that they donate to ACLU found or is it just an internet rumor started by another insurance agency. Don't doubt it but, bet you would be suprised at what others donate to them also. They sure get a lot of money from somewhere.

DL Rupper

They got mine, but at the time I didn't know they were BAD (SPs). Can't beat their price, so I only hope the insurance companies the rest of you pay your money to helps finance the GOOD guys (traditional warriors). I will change back when I can find another insurance company that can beat their price or at least match it. It's kinda like Wal-Mart. You either love them and save money on their products or try to put them out of business. There doesn't seem to any middle ground. :eek: I hate the ACLU, but I don't have $50/month to donate to the other insurance companies and that's what Progressive Direct saved me over Good Sam VIP. :dead:

C Nash

I sure don't care for the ACLU either but like John at the time I renewed, after compairing with GS and several others, they saved me a lot for the same coverage. Have also had several claims, both wshields, and had no problem at all with their service.