Need a loan

av8rix2

Re: Need a loan

I have used USAA for almost 30 years for all of my insurance needs. When I called them to insure the RV, they transferred me to the department that handled RVs. But that department is really Progressive Insurance. That is who USAA subs out the RV insurance to. I called Farmer's for a quote, and they were double that of the quote from Progressive. Guess who gets my money?

hertig

It is actually Progressive's (now allegedly ex) chairman and principal stockholder, Peter B. Lewis, who is enamored of the works of the ACLU. I found out about it from AFA; here is their report: http://www.afa.net/progressive.asp

Even if Mr. Lewis is no longer the chairman of Progressive, if he still makes a lot of his money from them, I don't like supporting his donations of this organization, but if Progressive saved me a significant amount I admit I'd be tempted. More so if on a fixed income. Note that other billionares like George Soros with more money than sense also support the ACLU.

I trust AFA, but for you skeptics out there, how about ACLU's own web site? http://www.aclu.org/about/support/13308prs20030115.html

DL Rupper

Hey John, you don't know how much it hurts to pay a company that supports the ACLU. My question is it company funds or his (Mr. Lewis's) private funds that are going to the ACLU. Money is money, but I won't hurt as much if it's private funds that he is putting to such ill advised endeavors. $50/month is $600/year and that's allot of RV'ing. Rest my case.
:approve: :laugh:

hertig

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it is his own private money. However, it is likely that much of his private money comes from (or at least to come from) Progressive.

Stormin

RE: Need a loan

I ended up going with Missouri Farm Bureau, they were only $50.00 more per year than the cheapest RV Insurance place I checked. It pays to look local also.

C Nash

Storming is correct in checking with a local agent. My agent is a local independent and shops for the best deal. Never a problem just a telephone call away. Course dosen't hurt that I work on his MH :) Progressive saved me $375 a year over the rest that I checked.

sunco

I used ed tobin - they are on the left for insurance. they use National Interstate. Ever heard of them?

utmtman

Progressive does not pay for you rv if you have an accident in the national parks or forests only if you are on a major thoroughfare. You might want to check out National Interstate. They gave me and a lot of other rvers the best quotes for insurance including under bidding progressive by 300 dollars. http://www.nationalinterstate.com/products/spl/rv/default.asp Click on any of the links on this page to get a quote, I am going to personally go see one here in my state next time I go to see my kids. Will change insurance at that time I am sure.

utmtman

PS I need a loan if anyone wants to donate. LOL We cant afford to hit the road till we pay some bills off and that may take another year. So ifn your rich and like to have a good tax write of let me know. LOL

C Nash

Nothing in my contract says that they will not pay if I have an accident in the National parks or forests. Will ck with the above link to see if they can beat progressive for the same coverage we now have.

C Nash

Lee, did you see where the guy posted on ebay for 5 dollar donations to help pay off his MH :eek: Was going to watch and see how long ebay would allowed it to be posted but forgot.

DL Rupper

Hey Chelse, let us know if National Interstate can beat Progressive on your rig. It may be a State-by-State or type of vehicles/RV's deal.

utmtman

Hey Nash, I did see that. Never have gone back to check it out though. Strange there have been people who have done web pages strictly to get money cuz they want out of debt or some other dumb reason and people have actually donated to them. They had one girl on the news or today show or something like that a couple years ago who did a page and needed money for college and they sent her thousands of dollars. Blew my mind.
By the way, I did some calling around and also internet pricing for insurance a month or two ago. My allstate I presently have is 1260 a year for insurance, National interstate quote me 943 and 926. I got two bids from two different companies that advertise on the net before I found out they were both from NI. Progressive quote me 1650 and my daughter who owns her own insurance company could only get me around 1300 a year. And she is an independent. The two companies that used NI were recommended to me by others in the RV forums a month or so ago.