Need a recommendation

itsallmine

Hello everyone,
I have finally decided that I do not enjoy going to campsites just to sit around and pass the time, although that can be fun at times. What I would really like to do is to find a campsite that has a view of the ocean. If I cannot find something like this, I frankly cannot see myself keeping my travel trailer. Is there anything that people can recommend in southern Massachusetts or Rhode Island that is very close to or on the water with magnificent views? Please help, as I would like to get away this coming Friday Saturday and Sunday. Thank you in advance,

itsallmine

ARCHER

Re: Need a recommendation

Well itsallmine, sorry to hear your bored. To each their own. Most RVers don't just site around waiting for the world to come to them. They use the RV/Camper as a place to sleep/eat/etc., and then do their own thing based on where they set up. The thing about camping is that it is "mobile" and if you don't like one place, you can move. If I could buy a piece of property with an ocean view, I'd build a house on it, not camp on it. Sounds like you should have thought it out a little more before you bought your camper. Try movinig around until you find your pie in the sky site. If not, sell it and stay in a condo at the beach. Good luck

itsallmine

well, ok- i guess. that does not really help me find what i am looking for. my question was, " Is there anything that people can recommend in southern Massachusetts or Rhode Island that is very close to or on the water with magnificent views?" i don't need a lecture, i need a recommendation- ok? please, i don't want to argue, but, if you do not have a suggestion or answer to my question, then don't reply, it just wastes time.

DL Rupper

RE: Need a recommendation

Hey Archer, your reply sounded like a good answer to me. Sounds to me like its time for itsallmine to give it up. He kinda sounded like he was putting RV'ing down ifn you ask me. But then maybe I read something in his thread that wasn't really there. My imagination does tend to get carried away from time-to-time. :clown: :clown:

ARCHER

Suggest you hook up and start driving until you find what your looking for then. Still sounds like your camping days are are near over. By the way, I don't argue at all. Just make sound suggestions and comments. ;)

itsallmine

Allrighty then........ Back to my original question-" Is there anything that people can recommend in southern Massachusetts or Rhode Island that is very close to or on the water with magnificent views?" Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have, as I would like to get away this Friday Saturday and Sunday.

hertig

You bet. I just spent a week on Winter Island, just off the coast of Salem MA. My site was right on the ocean (well bay, actually). Walk or look across the parking lot and you can look out over the ocean. Or walk a bit further and there is a swimming beach (which we did not discover until the last day, darn it). Lovely place, very quiet at night, great people, not too expensive (for this part of the country - $35 per night for 30 amp right on the water). Only drawback is there is no place to dump anywhere on the island. There is a place guests can dump on the mainland, right next to the island.