Need advice re Daughter w/7 dogs wanting to live in an RV in Florida

Starr

Hello! My daughter lives in Tucson & wants to come to SE Florida to live. She has 7 dogs. Once here, it will sit semi-permanently on a lot we hope to find & lease. Is this crazy or what??? Is a motorhome the way to go? She feels a 2 slider like the Winebago Adventurer is roomy enough, but the cost to purchase one is over $60,000. Her needs are minimal. We would have to find a piece of land that has utilities.

I, for one, have never experienced owning, traveling, no less living in an RV. I don't know what the laws are concerning parking one - if it's even legal! And what does it cost to maintain?

As you can see, I'm really in the dark here and need some good old-fashioned practical advice. Anyone out there?

Thanks!
Starr

ARCHER

Re: Need advice re Daughter w/7 dogs wanting to live in an RV in Florida

I actually think your daughter is the one in the dark. I cannot believe she would even think of keeping that many dogs in an RV.
Someone will probably report her to the Humane Society. One or two is ok, but seven????? How big are the dogs?
Not smart/bad idea. IMO

TexasClodhopper

Starr, there must be places to rent in Florida that would have a fenced yard for those dogs. I agree with Archer, a MH is way too small for 8 of any species.

And besides, a MH is built with compromises to mobility. A MH isn't just a miniature house.

utmtman

Also one should check local laws, in some areas anything over 4 dogs requires a kennel license which means one must set up a home with all the dog runs and cages necessary by law to justify a dog kennel license and they are subject to yearly inspections. She might want to rethink this. Also where I lived and call home dog license is 6 dollars kennel license is 600 dollars. Go figure.

hertig

a motorhome is not the best choice to stay in one place 'permanently'. A trailer might be a better way to go. But 7 dogs would seem to be a problem.

vegas

how about finding a two bed moble home,finding a good sized lot,and you would have room for those lucky dogs

hamdave

RE: Need advice re Daughter w/7 dogs wanting to live in an RV in Florida

Starr - 2/17/2008 10:34 PM Hello! My daughter lives in Tucson & wants to come to SE Florida to live. She has 7 dogs. Once here, it will sit semi-permanently on a lot we hope to find & lease. Is this crazy or what??? Is a motorhome the way to go? She feels a 2 slider like the Winebago Adventurer is roomy enough, but the cost to purchase one is over $60,000. Her needs are minimal. We would have to find a piece of land that has utilities. I, for one, have never experienced owning, traveling, no less living in an RV. I don't know what the laws are concerning parking one - if it's even legal! And what does it cost to maintain? As you can see, I'm really in the dark here and need some good old-fashioned practical advice. Anyone out there? Thanks! Starr

I don't think you/she want an RV at all !! Get a trailer(modular) and put it in a trailer-park.

DARLING

By the way, Starr WHO is actually going to PAY for this adventure :question: :question:

Darlin :cool: