need advice

pandawheel

Hi, Hopefully I will purchase my 1st RV sometime in May. I have a family member who is disabled and can't ride in a car sitting up for over an hour. We take a train (disability car)to travel and that was when I thought I'd get an RV. I was considering the Coachmen Freelander 21QB due to the length (23'6"). When speaking to sales person they want to put me in a 28ft or longer. I was wondering if anyone with experience could direct me as to what would be dependable even suggest another make or model? I want something that could sleep 4 adults. I would like a class B+ but can't find one to sleep 4 without being 28ft. The idea is to provide her a way to travel out of state to see family not to camp. We live in FL and travel to GA & NY so I need something with good mileage to warrant the RV over taking a train. I was told the 21QB comes in diesel but can't find one online. Thanks in advance for your suggestions/feedback.

akjimny

Re: need advice

Hi Pandawheel and welcome to the RVUSA forum. Roadtek makes a diesel Class B motorhome that is 22'9" long and has all the bells and whistles you could want.

Post back and let us know how you do. :) :)

TexasClodhopper

"... I need something with good mileage to warrant the RV over taking a train...."

If you are considering only the economics of it, you are WAY AHEAD by using the train. There's no way you can purchase an RV and operate it in competition with public transportation.

Have you considered renting one and trying it out first? I can see many obstacles in an RV that would frustrate a handicapped person to no end.

brodavid

I can see many obstacles in an RV that would frustrate a handicapped person to no end. Tex

Amen to that, Tex

love and prayers to all

dave