Need advice...

animalsoul2006

Hi everyone,
We are thinking of buying an RV. Is there anything anyone could tell me about the "life"? Pros & cons? Any advice would be great!

Thanks a bunch!

G

RE: Need advice...

What type of rving are u planning on doing???
Full timing,, partiming (like me) weekends??? Or the long across country trip 3,000 miles or more??? :)

Kirk

Re: Need advice...

What do you mean by "tell me about the "life"?" Are you thinking of living in your RV and travel all of the time or just using it for week-ends and vacations, or perhaps you want to spend winters somewhere warm? You question is a bit like asking us to tell you all about living in the USA. There isn't just one way to use an RV and there are many different types of RV.

TexasClodhopper

Perhaps a book on RVing would be more appropriate for starters. Then you would have a basis for asking more specific questions.

Welcome to the forum. (Now go do your homework! ;) :laugh: )

JanetG

RE: Need advice...

By the "life" I am assuming you are wanting to live in an RV full time. Full-timing is the RV jargon....If you haven't been in an RV then I would first get one to see if you like spending a weekend in it. Then maybe a couple weeks on the road. Do some extended trips and then decide if you want to auction off all your belongings and hit the road. We just eased into full-timing...never really intended to go full time, but life is so much simpler.....no real estate taxes, no monthly power bills (well sometimes if you stay in an RV park for at least a month), no heating bills--ouch I forgot the fuel to run the truck though....hmmm. Lots of good things about full timing. Check some books out at the library and check my website on camping. Good luck!

Kirk

I suspect that this post may be a "put on" since the person posting it joined and then made that post?