Need Electrical Help

I'm relatively new to maintaining my own RV and have hit a major snag. Last time I went out my generator ran, but there was no power to the coach. When I got home and plugged in, still no AC power to the coach.
The 5amp fuse was blown at the relay behind the battery, but no other circut breakers are/were tripped and no other fuses blown. The Micro works, but nothing else.
Any suggestions?

Need Electrical Help

After a few more hours of tinkering, I decided to start the engine. Amazingly all the electrical came on and is working. But, the battery is not charging off the AC.

Any Suggestions now? I'm lost, I thought maybe there is a fuse somewhere that I don't know about.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.

Nathan

DL Rupper

Need Electrical Help

Hey NathanT, are you sure the batteries are not charging :question: Some onboard generators really charge at a low rate (2 amps) :( I use a RV/marine battery charger plugged into a plug on the outside of my RV to assist the generator in charging my coach batteries (8amps). Still doesn't charge very fast, but it helps. Good luck. :clown: :laugh: :)

C Nash

Need Electrical Help

Hi Nathan, Might help to let us know what kind of rv you have. Will the tv play? Most everything else works on 12 volt. Is this a new rv to you? there may be a switch that connects the house batteries.