Need feedback on a Jayco

Boowap

Hi everyone!

This is my first time so I hope I'm doing it right! We are looking at trading in our Outback for a Jayco, 33.5 ft. Rear bunkhouse 5th wheel. Can anyone out there give me some feedback concerning this brand? I wish I knew about this site before we went with the Outback. Hopefully someone can help me. I sure would like to know ALL PROS and CONS.
Thanks so much!

Boowap

Screenplayer123

Re: Need feedback on a Jayco

Hi Boowap and everyone...I would like to also know about Jayco. i'm considering one of the Jay Flight 5th.

campaddict

RE: Need feedback on a Jayco

While I do not have experience with the Jayco TT or Fifth wheels, we are former Jayco pop up owners. Our first Jayco purchase was a used 1992 1006 pop up. The workmanship and materials used were excellent. We then purchased a 2006 Jayco Select pop up. I saw it online and my husband saw it in person before our purchase. When I saw it in person I was very disappointed with both the materials and workmanship. It served us well for the season, but when we went to winterize we were told it would need a new roof! We had a long list of warranty repairs as well and while they did fix everything without a problem there should not have been so many repairs needed on a new unit.

We looked at the Jayco travel trailers when we went to purchase our first Travel Trailer this year, but again the interior products were a far cry from what we had in our 1992 pop up and the other travel trailers on the market in the same price range. While I realize that they are making every effort to keep costs down, I don't see a reduction in the quality of the goods offered as a good way to do that.

wickreedwood

Re: Need feedback on a Jayco

I have owned Jayco products for years. I have owned pop ups, truck campers and 5th wheels. The quality is excellent, but like any brand your camper is only as good as your dealer. :)