? need for inverter

docD

This is all new to me so may be dumb question, but if almost all of time mh is at site with full hook ups, do you have any need for an inverter? thanks..doc

Gary B

? need for inverter

Hi doc, from my experience of over 20 yrs. no we had a small 3/400 watt one that we used about 2 times while boondocking. We found while boondocking that a small (1000 watt or less) quite generator was much more useful it provided 110 VAC for the computer, tv etc. and would charge the batteries. And no its not a dumb question. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

docD

? need for inverter

Thanks Gary. I'm trying to figure this all out and had the feeling it wouldn't be worth what it would cost extra in the way we would use it. Appreciate the help...doc

PopPop

? need for inverter

I thought I might shead some light on inverters. It makes good sense to have onou plan on camping in State Parks. Some even most do not have hookups. If you have batteries and want to watch TV or use micowave, you will have power. The second reason is usually they are used to keep you house batteries charged. Good luck in your search.