Need Help on drain hose connection

retired army

We have an 05 Cruise Master LE. The connections are inside and under the rig. There is a storage tube under the MH. Right now I've got the sewer hose in the storage tube and have it run up to the inside and connected to the drain outlet. There is a big bend in the hose at the connection. The owners manual only says that the tube is for storage. When we got the unit I ran the hose out of the storage bay to the outside hook-up. What do you do?

G

RE: Need Help on drain hose connection

Welcome to the forum ,, i'm knida confused on what u'r trying to do ,,, can u give a few more details ,,,
If u'r storing the sewer hose in the tube and have it still hooked up to the MH ,, then that's ok ,, it's up to u how u store it ,, but need more info on the rest ,, thanks ;) :)

*scooter*

Re: Need Help on drain hose connection

I'm trying to visualize your configuration.. From what I know, the storage tube for your hose is just that, a place to keep your sewer hose. When needed, remove the hose, connect it to the drain (black/gray tanks) and then run the hose from there to your sewer connection. On mine, there is a hole with cap under the MH in the 'bay' where the connections are. I remove the tube, then run it from below through the hole into the bay and connect it to the sewer system then to a 'dump'.
I hope this was of some help. ;)

G

I'm glad u pictured that scooter ,, i'm still scratching :laugh: :laugh:
But i think u may be the right track :approve: :cool:

vanole

I agree with Scooters assumption. Tube is for storage, unscrew cover in bay and run hose through that opening to your sewer connection. You may need to get a curved 45 or 90 degree plastic adaptor connection to lend support and help you with that big bend in the hose.

Hope that helps.

Happy Holidays!!

V/R
Jeff

retired army

Thanks for the responses. The storage tube is underneath the MH. The connection is inside tyhe storage bay. The connection can move up or down but not down far enough to have the hose completely straight. Also, if the connection can be put straight down, the valves wouldn't be able to be opened. Visualize in your mind the storage door is open. The plumbing center is in front of you. The valves and the hose connection is there and you can move it up or down. Underneath the valve connection is the hole that goes directly to the storage tube. Therein lies my problem. I've got the hose through the hole can connected to the sewer connection. The bend is approximately 90 degrees. When I first got the MH I hooked the hose up and ran it our the storage door. As I said in my earlier post the owners manual is very sketchy on this. This is the worst thing or problem I have with my MH.

vanole

Retired Army,

Only problem I am having now is your statement "The valves and hose connection is there and you can move it up or down." I have a Monaco M/H and mine does not sound any different than the set up you have. My fix to your simular problem (minus the storage tube) was to buy a clear plastic adapter (I bought the 90 degree one) 45 or 90 degree adapters can be found easily. This did two things for me. 1. It gave me enough run/space from the blackwater connection to open and close the valves. 2. It does provide some support from the intial push of water out of tanks. These connection run anywhere from 7 to 16 dollars.

I would not want to run the stinky slinky out of the storage bay if at all possible. Trust me some small child will get in there and start futzing with the valves and as Gomer says "Surprise Surprise Surprise".

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY (Retired 1 August 32 years)

hertig

I don't think you want to travel with the hose connected. Otherwise, a clear 90 degree angle may solve your problem, and allow you to monitor the cleaning process to boot.

retired army

Thanks again. I will probably buy a 90 degree adapter and then run the drain hose out of the storage area rather than mess with storage tube. Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year. (maybe next year Army will beat Navy). :cool:

vanole

Retired Army,

Got to admit you guys are due. For a long time you had our number but Coach Johnson turned it around. With him going to Ga Tech who knows.

Think your choice of the 90 degree fitting will work great. The large price variation in those puppies is that some of the couplings
Have a clean out port (read attachement for a garden hose (not your drinking water hose) to help clean out the slinky an back wash.

Wish you and your family a SAFE and Happy Holidays.

V/R
Jeff

hertig

The couplings I've seen with hose attachments to help clean out the tanks are all 45 degree...

Darwin

I have a Sportscoach Crosscountry, My sewer connection sounds simular to what you have discribed. My storage tube has a screw plug under the coach. I unscrew the plug, the tube rotates and I can pull the hose out. The plug is attached to the coach be a small cable which holds the storage tube straight while not in use.

vanole

John,
I have seen the 90 degree variant with the clean out port think it was made by Valteera. You are right they are few anf far between.

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays.

V/R
Jeff