Need info about installing RV Dinette Booth

rvbarb

We have a 2000 National Tradewinds that we bought used. We love it, but really want to replace the dining table and chairs with a dinette booth for storage and sleeping and traveling grandchildren. Will, of course, have seatbelts installed, too. The space seems to be somewhat smaller than the furniture we're finding. We have a 68" area. Has anyone out there faced the same challenges, and how did you handle it?

TexasClodhopper

Re: Need info about installing RV Dinette Booth

Welcome to the forum, Barb!

We've thought about doing just the opposite! :) However, our recent trip with our two grandnieces certainly changed our minds!

If I can be any help with measurements on our dinette booth, just let me know.

rvbarb

Thanks. I appreciate your offer. I think we're going to have to go measure a variety of booths at a dealer. Am currently looking online, but measurements don't seem to be that specific.

Barb

utmtman

I did just the opposite, took out our booth and bought a table and chairs set from Kmart. The table having fold down sides. Makes it a lot roomier.

Shorty

My question is how does one go about securing it?
Bolt it through the floor of the slide?
Find a support on the wall and hope you hit a metal stud?
I have the booth, never used, traded the table & chairs for it
Need the sleeping part for my youngest

Any ideas on how to secure it down?

utmtman

My booth was secured to the walls only with wood grabber screws. I dont remember any on the floor. But mine was also in a slideout so that could have been the reason. OF course again my couch was bolted to the floor in the slideout. Good luck.

TexasClodhopper

I know on mine the forward facing seatbelts are bolted through the floor of the slide with 1/2" bolts.

The frame of the seats seam to be screwed through an aluminum bar on each side. I'm hoping there are nuts on the bottom side!

The seat frames aren't much more than wooden shells, but they have aluminum corner angles holding them together.

Shorty

Thanks guys, that'll help in my re engineering of putting a booth for a Georgie Boy into a Newmar. I wonder if spontaneous combustion will come to play :eek:

TexasClodhopper

What we've always wondered is how you keep a dinette and four chairs on the floor while you're driving? Do they have magnets and/or seatbelts? :)

G

i have seen a few that use bungies to tie all together while traveling ,, i guess u don't want to sit and eat at them while traveling :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

My seat belts were under the couch/hideabed, so I left them bolted to the floor, when I travel I use the seat belts to belt my table and chairs in and it works great.

DARLING

The last 2 coaches we have had has had dinette & chairs The Table is bolted to the wall & floor. The Chairs they just stay in place & ride there. No problems.

Darlin :cool:

monte_mary

I opted for bench seats versus the table and chairs for my Wyoming Coachmen. I hope I made the right choice. I was looking for more storage space and additional sleeping arrangements.

Shorty

Found out from a dealer that they just use woods screws, not to long as to snag the carpet when the slide comes in. They just screw it to the walls and floor and make sure that the table brace is sturdy
As far a keeping the chairs from movin...how about Velcro and hot glue :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

My free standing table and chairs don't move, but I use a GMC to tow it..... :laugh:

Sorry had to do that.....

G

u'r so bad GTS ,, but look out DL is lurking :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shorty

Got it installed
transplanted an un-used booth from a George Boy into a Newmar with no sponatous combustion.
Easier than I imagined, used the wall mounting brackets that came with it..Thank for your help!!!