need some opinions

aleydecker

first time buying an RV, have put a deposit on a 2007 Starcraft Travel Star- 19 footer with popout ends. Doing a lot of research to make sure it's of good quality compared to Jayco (Jayfeather), and Forest River Surveyor. Any opinions and/or suggestions? We know this is the size and type we want (and we can tow it without a problem). Not a lot of info out there comparing RV's. Thanks for any help you can give.

hertig

Re: need some opinions

Apparently Forest River has some problems. Check out the threads about this manufacturer.

Kirk

We had a Starcrat that we really enjoyed but that was more than thirty years ago, so.................

DL Rupper

np5511, you seem to be fairly negative in the 2 posts I've seen of yours so far. Do you have a problem with this forum? If so I suggest you go elsewhere.

C Nash

Most of the advice given freely here is solid. It is all opinions but, I will take the opinion of a fellow rver any day over some advice from people that may have never even rved. Sift through it all and then make up your own mind.
Alleydeck, I think you will be ok with the Starcraft. We did have a Starcraft popup and it was great. Yes, you will have some problems so, expect them. Good luck

NINA

Some of you will remember me from a couple of weeks ago. Trying to decide on a Forest River product. C Nash I have to applaud you for your good attidue on the forums. For those who can not maintain a positive attitude, lets just put it this way I am looking for good information about the camping experience. Would not want campers next to me with a negative attitude any more than on this forum. :disapprove:

C Nash

Thanks Nina, One of my pet peeves is negative people and I try to stay positive. Campers and rvers are some of the greatest people I have ever met and with my age there have been a lot. Have to say I have never had a bad camper and loved them all. Yes there have been problems but, most I fix myself. Had all kind of campers in the last 40 yrs from open camping to our now MH. Most all have had leaks at times and always something to tinker with. Just finished making a storm door for the MH, adding side shades, rigging up for sattalite, changing transmission fluid to synthetic, changing oil and filters, fuel filter and getting ready. Dang these things are a lot of trouble :eek: see even I can be negative :laugh:

Kirk

I'm not quite sure what np5511 did wrong? Next to his name it says that it was his first post and I happen to agree with him that the RV Consumer Group is a good source of information. ( www.rv.org ) Does that make me negative too?

ivaldespino

I have had good luck with Fleetwood. I currently own a 26 ft trailer (Kodiak made by Skamper) and I love it Haven't had any problems yet!:) I have herd bad things about Forest river surveyors :( Happy shopping!!

DL Rupper

Kirk, I can only conclude from np5511's post that he considers our advice as BAD and if you want GOOD advice go to the site he refers to and pay for it. Therefore, I said if he has a problem (with our advice go elsewhere). His second post concerned a set of sturdy stairs some other yoho was trying to sneak an ad in about by trying to trick us. That post was kindly deleted by the monitor, so hardly nobody got to read his second post. Basically he seemed to say we should listen to the yoho's advice/info. I think he was in cahoots with the sneaky poster. :bleh: :clown:

Mt.Dew

Hi, New here. I've been searching for some answers about flawed or bubbling fiberglass exteriors on many brands of RV's. Has anyone heard of or experienced this problem. I currently have a new fifth wheel with this problem and feel that the manufacturer is giving me the run around on the appropriate fix for the problem. Please help.

C Nash

Kirk, I have no problem with rv consumers but, I do have a problem with someone saying the advice given here, FREE, is not solid advice. He may have not meant it that way. Everything here is opinions based on years of experiance yours included. I also saw the other post that DL was refering to.

Mt. Dew Most of the bubbling is caused by water leaks or poor manufacture glue process. What year and are you still under warranty? How are they suggesting fixing the problem?

DL Rupper

Mt Dew, I agree with Chelse that the manufacturing process is the problem with bubbling. The dealer may be able to repair it if you put enough pressure on him/her.

I always try to recommend vacuum bonded RVs for new buyers. The sidewall, roof, floor insulation, wood, frame, and fiberglass are all bonded (glued) together with a special air vacuum process that pretty much precludes the bubbling of sidewall fiberglass. It also makes for a stronger constructed RV. However, in your case it's too late since you have already purchased your RV, so hopefully you can get recourse through the dealer or manufacturer.

np5511

what is negative about suggesting a well known reliable sourse of objective advice?
you need to change the color of your glasses.

C Nash

np551, As I stated in my previous post I have no problem with RV orgs opinions. I was just saying that it appears that you think advice given here is not solid. All advice given here is opinions gained from rving. Where does rv org get theirs that makes it any more solid? Everyone should read and research all the info out there before jumping into rving. Are you wanting me to change the color of my glasses :laugh: Probably will on the next eye exam. Don't like the rims I have now :eek: Oh and by the way welcome to the forum and again I would also suggest to anyone interested to ck into rvorg. I did and really found no more than offered on all forums. Just sift through the info and then make up your own mind as what fits your needs and budget. What suits me might and probaby will not suit everyone as the color of my glasses :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

"... and buy some solid advice...."

np5511, probably just misinterpretation of what you meant in your comment. It is difficult to pass along the meaning of a comment without several additional comments explaining the meaning. Perhaps you didn't mean it the way it read. It happens to all of us.