Need Suggestions On Selling A Class A Motorhome

PJRACER

I have a sister and brother-in-law that have been trying to sell their very nice Class A Motor-home---on RV Search as well as RV Trader----to no avail. It seems all the calls are from people posing as brokers or RV lots wanting to sell it for them. My question is this (they want to know)-----does anybody out there have a pleasant experience with a "broker" in selling their RV for them----if so, could you lead us to them. They are currently full-timing in MN., and soon will be heading to the south-west. They would like to move their RV , ASAP------but don't know who to trust, or who would be the most reliable as a "broker". Waiting for answers---------PJRACER

C Nash

Re: Need Suggestions On Selling A Class A Motorhome

The broker is going to get a percentage for the sell so your sister might come out just as well to lower the price they are asking and it might sell. Are they asking a fair market price?

PJRACER

Please-----HELP ------- Do you have experience in this------Do you know a broker???? Thats all I really want to know

Poppa

WHERE ARE YOU AT IN THE USA AND WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ALSO WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO SELL :sleepy:

s.harrington

I know this for a fact: if they are trying to sell it on the web via RV trader and such they need to include a full set of pictures or both the inside and outside (ie. right front cornershot & left rear corner shot, interior front from rear, interior rear from front, bath and shower, other special features. Without these shots people won't even give it a good look.

kiddsareus

I know for a fact that there are individual buyers - I just bought mine that I found on RVtrader.com. I also know that ebay sellers got a ton of action - I was always outbid. However, if they're asking too much - they will have problems and pictures are very important. Good luck!

hamdave

RE: Need Suggestions On Selling A Class A Motorhome

You say you're looking for a 'broker' ?? If you're desperate, there is an outfit in Texas called PPL motorhomes, but I think they require YOU to handle your own transport to their facility. What will happen as I under stand it they will sell your unit for a 'price' (I'm guessing about 35-40% over NADA wholesale. They currently charge 10% or a minimum which ever is larger. If there are items to fix and you have them do it, they will charge you 'handsomely'.
I'm not suggesting them, I have never dealt with them. what I have told you is what I have read on these forums.
What I really wonder is why you don't try local dealers in your area??
Lastly, the reason you may have so much trouble(they may have) selling on line is because
of in-experience and having the unit priced well above what its really worth!!
Good luck to you.